With the Quantum calling in Sam Juan

If you can get past the paint job.

LOL- it is quite busy.

I do have to say-the interior design seems much nicer then others I have seen. Not all the in your face color I have seen on the older shps.

Nice ship that I will try for sure. Perfect for a little Bermuda trial run.:)

That's exactly been my point the whole time. FL is their largest market fact. It's their highest source of profits out of all ports they leave from. Sure it helps that Florida has 4 ports Rccl sails out of, but that driven by money.

The good news for RCI is that everyone wants the new ships. A few thoughts worth considering:

* In terms of profitability, Explorer is the most profitable ship for Royal. Always sails full and per PAX higher spend. More sea days means more spending on board.

* Greater NYC area is the number one consumer market in NA. Population within driving distance to port is greater than 75M.

* Norwegian and Carnival realize need to exploit market and have deployed new ships.

* RCI would be foolish not to deploy one of the two new ships to NYC area.

* There are issues with Cape Liberty as a long term viable port for RCI.

* Does RCI having a large presentation in NYC on April 16 have anything to do with trying to steal some of the thunder from Breakaway. Perhaps this is a good indicator that Quantum will sail out of Bayonne or from Manhattan.

Why would RCI use Red Hook when Carnival Corp will no longer use it?

There has to be a reason that they aren't happy with Brooklyn. Besides, doesn't RCI have a very long lease with Cape Liberty?

Leases/contracts mean nothing to RCCL. Just look to Mariner in Los Angeles.

You're all crazy and insane! Brand new cruise pier in San Francisco...I think so! :eek:

:p:p:p

Oh Boy!! do I wish!!! we sail from SF when we go to Alaska - so convenient!

we need to do a petition or something!!! we need those new ships here - or any RCCL ship that will be homebased in SF-

Corkey Carol

Hi Dave and Debbie!!!

Yes, bring RCCL back to CA... Carol

Hi Carol,

Yes bring RCI back to CA. :) I wish.

I think within 3 weeks we will know something about that....don't want to take this thread off-topic...will post in CA Cruisers tomorrow :D

There are too many ships that are pending....I believe they are trying to figure out how to get all those cabins filled in Florida.

Florida is and has been their highest grossing ports. Facts are facts. More people cruise out of Florida then any other state. Fact. I understand why so many people who live there want the new ship in NJ but Rccl doesn't think that way. They will put the ship where they will make the most money. It's easy sailing out of Florida then it is NJ especially during the winter months. Just because the ship can handle all weather doesn't mean they will always dock it where it's snowing. Why put your newest money maker in a port that risk being shut down by blizzards? During the same time you can sail out of Florida with zero risk of being snowed in. Money controls all choices by a business. This will be no different. Quantum will sail out of Florida. NJ will get some other ship.

By this logic, no ships should sail out of Florida between June 1 and November 30, also known as Hurricane Season.:D

I too am hoping for Quantum in NY, only a 2 hour drive for us.

I think within 3 weeks we will know something about that....don't want to take this thread off-topic...will post in CA Cruisers tomorrow :D

There are too many ships that are pending....I believe they are trying to figure out how to get all those cabins filled in Florida.

will anxiously wait for your info- in our original meeting place -- CA place..

maybe we can then cruise together!

carol

That's the buzz, the ship is being built to do any weather, cold weather, something for all seasons and all oceans. If they move either OA or AL to Asia, where the money is, then perhaps Q would move to the state's. The deployment schedule is going to very interesting.

That's the buzz, the ship is being built to do any weather, cold weather, something for all seasons and all oceans. If they move either OA or AL to Asia, where the money is, then perhaps Q would move to the state's. The deployment schedule is going to very interesting.

That's for sure !!!!

The Explorer was our very first Royal cruise and she is near and dear to my heart. I believe I have been on her 5-6 times including twice to Bermuda. This summer we are going on the Breakaway for our Bermuda cruise, she looks awesome...Truthfully, if Freedom was sailing out of NJ, I would not of even looked at Breakaway never mind sail her...RCI must know that I am not the only one to go on Breakaway over Explorer..but then again if Explorer is one of their top money makers, why fix it if it isn't broken...Only RCI knows and they are not talking, they are only hinting..

This summer we are going on the Breakaway for our Bermuda cruise, she looks awesome...Truthfully, if Freedom was sailing out of NJ, I would not of even looked at Breakaway never mind sail her...RCI must know that I am not the only one to go on Breakaway over Explorer..but then again if Explorer is one of their top money makers, why fix it if it isn't broken...Only RCI knows and they are not talking, they are only hinting..

Believe you me, as I stated earlier, being from NY and having all the commercials going over the tube, so many folks I have talked to are trying cruising for the first time on Breakaway. Trust me, Royal knows that and must have a plan.

Believe you me, as I stated earlier, being from NY and having all the commercials going over the tube, so many folks I have talked to are trying cruising for the first time on Breakaway. Trust me, Royal knows that and must have a plan.

It is probably to 'run away'.

The argument on here is the people fill the ship and spend alot. We had the same experience with Mariner. And they did/do. Public venues always full, shops full, bars full. But RCCL is looking at every dime, and $1 spending per passenger per day would be significant....I would never discount the idea that they could just pull the ship....where they would put it would be another story.

I was thinking that it's too bad they can't use the terminal at Red Hook in Brooklyn where Princess used to sail out of. It's a very nice facility and equally convenient as Bayonne. None of Carnival Corps ships use that terminal anymore, and it's a shame that it's standing there vacant and underutilized.

As I live a 5 minute drive away from the Red Hook terminal, couldn't agree with you more Donna ;)

I have no idea what ship is going where.

I do know that anyone that lives in the NY is probably, like me watching commercial after commercial on the Breakaway and let me tell you, that looks like one mighty fine ship.

Royal has got to be thinking about competing with that. I believe good changes are coming to Bayonne!!

The lets go commercial on Radio & TV hourly, lol

It's very catchy too! LOL

Guess it worked, I booked the Breakaway :)

Another NJ/NY cruiser sick and tired of traveling to Florida/San Juan for good itineraries. We booked the Breakaway too for later this year (Let's GO! ... Let's GO!), looking forward to the Quantum in Bayonne for late 2014 - come on RCL, would like to check out the deckplans and pick a cabin already!! :

Getting off Independence yesterday, the crew told us the Quantum will be more of an all weather ship with retractable roofs. Would not give out further details. Looking forward to cruising out of NJ, if that is where it will be. Was also excited to hear there will be more southern Caribbean cruises (10-14 days) out of Florida so people do not have to fly to San Juan.

Guess it worked, I booked the Breakaway :)

See.

The local buzz around here and cruising is the Breakaway. Folks know I cruise and are telling me how excited they are to book the first one on Breakaway.

I am in no way a bean counter for Royal but lets just say- NJ has to be getting something new and exciting to make sure some do not stray too far. Just the suite perks on NCL got my attention, now the ship. :D

When they start shifting things-I do not mind sailing out of PR at all. [hate sailing out of Fla. but that's another thread] I'd love to see at least a Freedom class on those winter runs in San Juan!!

Since there has been several discussions about where this ship is going to be homeport I thought maybe someone could start a poll to see what everybody thinks and then when RC released the information we could see what we at CC thought.

I would do it but I have no idea how to do that Poll thingy :o

Between the Breakaway and Carnival brought over the Splendor which is only 5 years old, seems to me that Royal Caribbean is gonna need a new ship in Bayonne to attract away from the Breakaway and Splendor.

Being in LA is just as good- don't mind driving down there... SF is better ... anywhere in CA !!!! carol

Hey Carol!!! Any cruises....??? We are waiting for Oasis TA: we can book as early as tomorrow morning at 7 am!! :D

Franca

Archived