Dreamliner Update - Early Schedule Cancelled

Thomson have cancelled their early schedule of Dreamliner flights, as they have not yet taken delivery of the planes, as they are still grounded until the battery fault is fixed.

Anyone booked on one in May or June will have the £10 extra paid refunded to them, and will fly on the standard 767 instead.

They are now currently pencilled in for a July start, dependant on plane delivery of course.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/travel/thomson-airways-scrap-dreamliner-flights-1743697

So they may be ready for cruisers later this year, then again, they may not, but safety is obviously more important than profits.

Thomson Page - http://dreamliner.thomson.co.uk/787-update/#.UTXftqMYbJs

I've noticed that dreamliner is flying to barbados to meet the dream this winter....am still at the 'planning on booking' stage for christmas

hopes the dreamliner battery fix is sorted by then....would love to fly to barbados on the dreamliner

I've noticed that dreamliner is flying to barbados to meet the dream this winter....am still at the 'planning on booking' stage for christmas

hopes the dreamliner battery fix is sorted by then....would love to fly to barbados on the dreamliner

You would hope they would have found a fix by then, not just for our safety on this plane, but the future of Boeing, and what might happen to them financially if the plane takes to long to get fixed, and how that might effect other Boeing planes.

Thomson have cancelled their early schedule of Dreamliner flights, as they have not yet taken delivery of the planes, as they are still grounded until the battery fault is fixed.

Anyone booked on one in May or June will have the £10 extra paid refunded to them, and will fly on the standard 767 instead.

They are now currently pencilled in for a July start, dependant on plane delivery of course.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/travel/thomson-airways-scrap-dreamliner-flights-1743697

So they may be ready for cruisers later this year, then again, they may not, but safety is obviously more important than profits.

Thomson Page - http://dreamliner.thomson.co.uk/787-update/#.UTXftqMYbJs

A workmate of mine read this and was pleased as they do not want to fly on it "until its got a few flying hours under its belt" ,as they put it .

Tried to tell them it should be safer than ever but they was having none of it .:)

Sodafountain ,good to see your back and posting again and going back to last weeks ,for want of a word "Spat/misunderstanding "

call it what you will ,the lady involved, as in read it, said the matter was closed .

Just my opinion but putting ignore the bullies etc where the sailings should go. It's not going to help matters really . Not telling you

what to do but I think its time to let it go .A few of us have been there ,not nice for either side . Time to move on ;):)

With that sat under your posts it comes across as you have an axe to grind, which i'm sure you have not:)

Sodafountain ,good to see your back and posting again and going back to last weeks ,for want of a word "Spat/misunderstanding "

call it what you will ,the lady involved, as in read it, said the matter was closed .

Just my opinion but putting ignore the bullies etc where the sailings should go. It's not going to help matters really . Not telling you

what to do but I think its time to let it go .A few of us have been there ,not nice for either side . Time to move on ;):)

With that sat under your posts it comes across as you have an axe to grind, which i'm sure you have not:)

Sorry, but it is nothing to do with the lady on the ship at the time, i could understand her getting upset, although it was said at the time it was not aimed at her personally, it was an observation of what someone should expect when problems happen, and i apologised if it upset her, it was the other 4 who felt the need to make comments, who still to this day never apologised for the misundstanding, which i did do, so to me it makes them very small minded individuals indeed, and not people i want to converse with, they had the chance to say something, but chose to ignore it, so i choose to ignore them.

I know who they are, and their names are written down, i was going to put that in my signature as well, but decided that was childish, but i have put it in my signature just to remind them of what i think of them, as they know who they are. So yes, i do have an axe to grind :p

I know who they are, and their names are written down, i was going to put that in my signature as well, but decided that was childish, but i have put it in my signature just to remind them of what i think of them, as they know who they are. So yes, i do have an axe to grind :p

I'm sorry I don't know what you are refering to, and I know I wasn't involved but, I can't let this go ...........you are definitely being childish. This is something we are not used to, as this is a very friendly forum and your attitude doesn't seem to fit.

I'm sorry I don't know what you are refering to, and I know I wasn't involved but, I can't let this go ...........you are definitely being childish. This is something we are not used to, as this is a very friendly forum and your attitude doesn't seem to fit.

I'm not going over old ground, and. Have every right to post here as everyone else, and I will not get bullied of the forums because people do not agree with my point of view.

I made a post, certain "friendly" forum members jumped on me for it, when there was nothing wrong with the post, I apologised to the person if they mis-understood what I was saying, but not 1 of those "friendly" forum members felt they needed to, simple as that.

I'm sorry if you don't like it, but they could have been the bigger person and sorted it last month, but they didn't, and I don't see why I should forgive them, or respond to their posts, but at he same time, I have as much right to post as other people.

Archived