In Suite Dining

soc1965

I'd like to experience in suite dining one evening on our forthcoming Norway trip - can someone give me a few tips?

We are in a Q5 so hopefully we can order off the QG menu, but if you give fair warning (24/48 hours) can you place an order for a la carte items? Obviously wouldn't expect flambe treatment in-suite :eek: but it would be nice to order a couple of different dishes.

Does the small table in the suite go higher so it's a dining table or do they bring in a trolley type table set up?

Can you be served course by course by the butler, or is the meal delivered all together?

Thank you for any answers, I just want to experience something different & hopefully take advantage of passing scenery.

You can order off of the QG menu but I once tried to do that outside of QG dining room hours and was told "no" as they can only do that from the QG kitchen. You can also order from the ala carte menu if its offered that night in the dining room but you should ask your butler when you check in about ordering something off the menu to have delivered to your room. All of the times i've ordered multiple courses the butler has always brought all of them at once but like a hotel they have heat lids to keep the hot dishes warm. Of course it never hurts to ask your butler.

Do please post your experience.

I never risked it on my recent cruise as they were unable to serve breakfast at an adequate temperature, never mind a 4-course meal. Despite a number of people complaining, there was no improvement. You don't say which ship you are travelling on. I was in a Q4 penthouse on the QM2.

I'd like to experience in suite dining one evening on our forthcoming Norway trip - can someone give me a few tips?

We are in a Q5 so hopefully we can order off the QG menu, but if you give fair warning (24/48 hours) can you place an order for a la carte items? Obviously wouldn't expect flambe treatment in-suite :eek: but it would be nice to order a couple of different dishes.

Does the small table in the suite go higher so it's a dining table or do they bring in a trolley type table set up?

Can you be served course by course by the butler, or is the meal delivered all together?

Thank you for any answers, I just want to experience something different & hopefully take advantage of passing scenery.

There is a "latch" that raises the table to make dining easier. We found you could order from the Al a Carte menu(with advanced notice)We never tried going off menu for ensuite dining. It probably is rather difficult as it has to trave to your suite.

Do please post your experience.

I never risked it on my recent cruise as they were unable to serve breakfast at an adequate temperature, never mind a 4-course meal. Despite a number of people complaining, there was no improvement. You don't say which ship you are travelling on. I was in a Q4 penthouse on the QM2.

I'm in a Q5 on the QE Norway trip departing 9th June - I'll certainly take everyone's advice & check it all out with the butler etc, just so I know how it works, hopefully I'll be able to give it a go & report back.

Thanks for your answers, & wherever you are travelling to next, I hope it's very special.

Archived