Epic Review 2/16/13 Pics and Dailies

Cruzface

Thanks for the great review! I have been sharing this with my teen boys to get them pumped up even more for their first cruise. Which January 2014 cruise are you on? Not the same as us, is it? :)

Carol

We will be on 1/4/14. I would love to go on yours because you are going to St. Kitts! But our oldest will be in college and will have to be back by then.

We will be on 1/4/14. I would love to go on yours because you are going to St. Kitts! But our oldest will be in college and will have to be back by then.

Too bad that you can't be on ours, adding St. Kitts was the deciding factor for us. We have one more year before our oldest is in university, so that's why we decided on this trip. Kids sure grow up quickly, don't they? :o

Carol

Too bad that you can't be on ours, adding St. Kitts was the deciding factor for us. We have one more year before our oldest is in university, so that's why we decided on this trip. Kids sure grow up quickly, don't they? :o

Carol

Yes they do. I still can't believe it.

Hello, I am sorry to hear about your dog. I know this must be a very sad time for you and I wanted to offer my condolences to you and your family.

I thought your review was outstanding. The pictures captured different phases - some of my favorites were the ones before the cruise- reminded me of the rush of seeing the Epic for the first time, the walk onto the ship etc..

I am even more excited for the Breakaway in September now.

Hello, I am sorry to hear about your dog. I know this must be a very sad time for you and I wanted to offer my condolences to you and your family.

I thought your review was outstanding. The pictures captured different phases - some of my favorites were the ones before the cruise- reminded me of the rush of seeing the Epic for the first time, the walk onto the ship etc..

I am even more excited for the Breakaway in September now.

Thank you. Have a great cruise. I wish we could do the Breakaway, it just doesn't work for us.

Thank you for the awesome review! You posted some amazing pictures and of things I have not seen yet. On the Epic in December so

I am reading everything I can on her. Loved the picture of both your boys sleeping on your bed. Too funny!

As a dog lover and having been through it myself, I feel your pain.

Many thanks for doing this. We are on the Epic on our first ever cruise in Sept and your photos and reports are a big help in letting us know what to expect.

LOL :D Don't rile the wives!

Hope you get to cruise our side of the world... we definitely want to cruise your side..... it's just getting out there to the start the cruise that's difficult, adding to the time frame, expense etc... but one day.

Anyway your fantastic review has inspired me to write a daily blog on our Med cruise in July... that's the plan anyway.

But you keep going, we're all hooked and waiting for the next chapter!

Jo :)

Are you by chance going on the Epic in July? We are going on the Barcelona July 14th cruise.:)

Are you by chance going on the Epic in July? We are going on the Barcelona July 14th cruise.:)

Yes we are going in July. Week after you though (21st)

We have cruise the Med several times before and usually do our own tours etc but this will be our first NCL cruise.

Thank you for the awesome review. As a (mostly) RCI cruiser (so far) it was very informative. We are considering a 2014 Transatlantic on Epic so this really filled ina lot of gaps on differences between the lines. We saw Epic when we visited Barcelona on TA last year and it looked interesting. With the review I'm now very intrigued. Only info left to clear up is about handicap cabins and accessibility on the ship for wheelchair.

Hey 300dtc

Are you stopping in Barcelona before or after the cruise? Have you been there before?

Jo

We are taking one day in Barcelona before the cruise and one day after, so we will pass each other! We have never been to Barcelona before and I am so looking forward to it. 60 minutes just did a story on the Sagrada familia and it looked awe inspiring!

Great review...your pictures take me back to my AMAZING time on the Epic this past December . I spent many hours in Maltings ( 2 for 1 drink specials, mexican duet and chicken wings).... i had some good times....White Hot Party and Bliss lounge...aaaaah the memories...

Im also on the 1/4/2014 with my family. Its there first time on the Epic and NCL and 2nd cruise . by that time it would be my 3rd time on the Epic...Im a huge fan of the Epic :D

Thanks for posting.

Great review...your pictures take me back to my AMAZING time on the Epic this past December . I spent many hours in Maltings ( 2 for 1 drink specials, mexican duet and chicken wings).... i had some good times....White Hot Party and Bliss lounge...aaaaah the memories...

Im also on the 1/4/2014 with my family. Its there first time on the Epic and NCL and 2nd cruise . by that time it would be my 3rd time on the Epic...Im a huge fan of the Epic :D

Thanks for posting.

Wait, they had wings at Maltings?!!!! Go to the roll call for 1/4/2014, not much action yet, we have to get them going!!

Wait, they had wings at Maltings?!!!! Go to the roll call for 1/4/2014, not much action yet, we have to get them going!!

LOL...Yes!! They had a few munchies for happy hour!! It came in handy to..especially the days where i did the margarita tasting, followed by the the martini tasting, then the 2 for 1 happy hours (s)....I had the wings then went to bed!! :)

I will go and check out the roll call, thanks!

LOL...Yes!! They had a few munchies for happy hour!! It came in handy to..especially the days where i did the margarita tasting, followed by the the martini tasting, then the 2 for 1 happy hours (s)....I had the wings then went to bed!! :)

I will go and check out the roll call, thanks!

That's what my wife and I were afraid of! Start drinking too early and the day is done! See you on board!

We are taking one day in Barcelona before the cruise and one day after, so we will pass each other! We have never been to Barcelona before and I am so looking forward to it. 60 minutes just did a story on the Sagrada familia and it looked awe inspiring!

Sorry we will miss you. It would have been fun.

We know Barcelona fairly well and YES Sagrada Familia is a must see. But, be prepared to wait in line a long time unless you go early. We are stopping for two nights before our cruise.

Can I give you a bit of advise?... Be VERY security conscious.

Barcelona is a wonderful place but rife with pickpockets!

Last year we met up with a lovely couple from Rhode Island, Bob & Sue and while descending on the escalator I spotted a little hand slipping into Bobs pocket! When I looked around there was a guy on his knees behind us with Bobs wallet!!! Only after grabbing the wallet back did I discover that Bob had very penny they had in that wallet... so be careful and enjoy.

Sorry we will miss you. It would have been fun.

We know Barcelona fairly well and YES Sagrada Familia is a must see. But, be prepared to wait in line a long time unless you go early. We are stopping for two nights before our cruise.

Can I give you a bit of advise?... Be VERY security conscious.

Barcelona is a wonderful place but rife with pickpockets!

Last year we met up with a lovely couple from Rhode Island, Bob & Sue and while descending on the escalator I spotted a little hand slipping into Bobs pocket! When I looked around there was a guy on his knees behind us with Bobs wallet!!! Only after grabbing the wallet back did I discover that Bob had very penny they had in that wallet... so be careful and enjoy.

Thanks for the heads up! How have you decided to carry your money in Europe? Money Belt, around the neck holder? My husband read to put your wallet in your front pocket and I usually carry a cross body purse with the purse on the front of my hip with a zipper closure. Do you think this is adequate?

Maryann:confused:

Thanks for the heads up! How have you decided to carry your money in Europe? Money Belt, around the neck holder? My husband read to put your wallet in your front pocket and I usually carry a cross body purse with the purse on the front of my hip with a zipper closure. Do you think this is adequate?

Maryann:confused:

Hi Maryann

We've traveled France, Spain and Italy a few times and always felt reasonably safe, even at night. I think the secret is not to look or act "touristy" if you know what I mean. Over the last two years we have met five couples who have been robbed BEFORE they have even reached their hotel... (4 in Barcelona 1 in Italy) It's amazing how many tourists we see setting down bags with wallets or passports sticking out or standing in full view counting money or in Bobs case putting all his money in the one place!

We only take out enough money to do us for each day, leaving the rest in the hotel safe. We then split the money between us and carry it in our front trouser pockets. I have on occasion used a cross body purse but when I do I always grip the strap tightly in crowded areas. I has happened that straps have been cut and then the bag is gone.

I hope this won't put you off or make you nervous but just make you realize that you have to be sensible and if you take a few precautions you will have a wonderful time. P.S. Mont Juic in Barcelona is another must see. Make your way to Paral lel on metro. Then catch the Funicular railway to the top for breathtaking views!!