Luggage Forwarding

I haven't seen anything on the boards that is less than 2 years old,

I am cruising to Norway in June, with two weeks on land following,

and I do not want to have so much luggage. We have 3 formal nights on this 12 night cruise. I want to send the luggage with all the formal clothes and shoes for myself and my husband and have it sent home so we can travel with only carry ons. Any recent experiences? I have priced Luggage Forward and Luggage Concierge. Any thoughts? thanks so much

Judi

and I do not want to have so much luggage. We have 3 formal nights on this 12 night cruise. I want to send the luggage with all the formal clothes and shoes for myself and my husband and have it sent home so we can travel with only carry ons. Any recent experiences? I have priced Luggage Forward and Luggage Concierge. Any thoughts? thanks so much

Judi

I don't know what messages you're looking at that are so Los. All the ones I read on several different topics are just a day or so old.

What ship are you cruising? HAL has Luggage Express and NCL has BAGS program but there are some limitations on it. I have used both and they are worth the price, about $20 plus airline bag charge.

Oops, editing to say I just realized you evidently want to send them home while you spend two weeks not going home.

I do not know a luggage program for that.

Judi

Our son comes home for Christmas, then goes on from home to some "exoctic" place for a week before going back to his home. he goes to FedEx and ships a suitcase home. He has been known to slap a fedex label on his suitcase and send it unboxed. Not sure I would trust that, but he has had no problems. You obviously could box it as well!

I have thought about using one of those luggage shipping services but found the costs to be very expensive. Why not scale down the 'formal' wear? Even if you are cruising on Cunard, Crystal or another 'dressy' cruiseline you can get by with a dressy skirt/pants and a couple of tops. I have very light weight silk dresses that take almost no room and even with that I only take one. (No more beaded dresses for me.) DH can consider renting a tux onboard (much cheaper than mailing it back home). I used to enjoy formal nights - but with today's airline luggage charges and weight limitations many people no longer wear gowns and tuxes. Many more people are dressed in cocktail type attire or even more casually.

Don't overpack the shoes - coordinate colors or use neutrals.

Make sure you check all the airlines you will be flying - different limits and charges for luggage. Some people end up paying more for their luggage to fly then themselves.

Archived