Celebration Dining Deal

Hi, I wondered if anyone has done this - it's where you make a reservation at one of the 3 (Giovani's, chops or Portofino) restaurants for parties ofver 4.

It's $30 per person and it says the party gets $30 beverage credit.

I want to know - is this credit for the entire party - so for 8 people, $30 credit? or is the $30 credit per person (probably not) or do we get $60 (2*party of 4 $30 = $60) :confused:

Our other option is to do Sail Away package => that is $21 per person and no beverage credit. If the credit is a total of $30 regardless of the size of the party, the Sail Away is a much better deal.

I want to do something special for my parents - they are bringing the whole family on this cruise for their 50th anniversary. I thought it would be fun for the adults to do this - 8 of us.

Just not sure which one to do.

Oasis is the crusie ship. Thanks!

The Celebration deal is $30 per group of at least 4 people. If you have 8 people, you're best off booking two separate groups of 4 people so you can get two $30 credits. If you do this, after you board, stop by the restaurant and let them know that your two groups will be dining together and they'll take care of you. (We did this with 14 people using three groups. They sat us at two large tables near each other.)

The Celebration deal is only good on the first or second night.

The Sail Away package is only good on the first night and requires a group of 8 or more to get the 30% off savings. For your group of 8, you'd get $72 off (assuming Chops Grille which is normally $30 each) as opposed to $60 in beverage credits, so if you were to dine at a specialty restaurant on the first night, you'll get the better deal with the Sail Away package.

If you dine at a less expensive restaurant like Giovanni's Table, then I think that two Celebration packages would be better since that'd be just $48 off with the 30% savings.

Archived