Newbie Here ???

njkate

I just booked our first cruise for December.

We have traveled a lot but our first cruise....

We are departing fron NYC on 12/29 returning 01/08 On NCL Spirit.

Some of our friends are crusing with us....my question...when we travel we usually stay at "adults only" resorts..while I have no problem with well behaved children, I'm concerned about cruise being over run with kiddies....what should I expect??

Don't be surprised if you have 600 or more kids on board. NCL is a VERY family friendly cruise line, so you will have lots of kiddies on board. As for what to expect, there's no way of telling. You will have some kids who are very well behaved and you will have those that are a huge pain in the behind, using elevators as toys, running in the hallways at all hours of the night, and some who will take over what's supposed to be adult areas.

Some of our friends are crusing with us....my question...when we travel we usually stay at "adults only" resorts..while I have no problem with well behaved children, I'm concerned about cruise being over run with kiddies....what should I expect??

Don't worry Kids are not allowed in the bars and by evening they are all in the kids programs or in their own cabins.. The teens will be in some corner trying to act cool.. After a few drinks you wont even notice the kids any way!!!!!:p Go with fun in mind and fun is what you will have!!!!:)

Just a reminder...if you don't have passports, you will need them to get back into the US.

Forget about the kids and have a great cruise. ;)

I guess I assumed that the cruise does not END until 01/08 all the kiddies would be back in school.....but I will go, hopefully all will go well..

Yes, we do have passports as we travel outside the US

I guess I assumed that the cruise does not END until 01/08 all the kiddies would be back in school.....but I will go, hopefully all will go well..

You may have a few families that'll extend their kids' holiday vacation, but for the most part this cruise should be pretty much adults.

I just can't imagine the "sail away" party out of NYC at the end of December....Brrrrrrrrrr!

Don't worry Kids are not allowed in the bars and by evening they are all in the kids programs or in their own cabins.. The teens will be in some corner trying to act cool.. After a few drinks you wont even notice the kids any way!!!!!:p Go with fun in mind and fun is what you will have!!!!:)

Couldn't agree more! Kids have their own pool area, arcade, activities, etc..... don't worry about them. Just relax and have fun, that's what it's all about.

I thought the same thing you did -- that school will probably be back in session by the 2nd or the 3rd so there shouldn't be too many kids. I doubt you'll be over run. Enjoy.

I just can't imagine the "sail away" party out of NYC at the end of December....Brrrrrrrrrr!

Donna-- brr I thought the same thing-- I didnt know that NY still did crusies in the winter- Anyone know how many days it takes to cruise to warm up?

:) Yes, we will go with an open mind :)

We have spent to many vacations at resorts where some parents just do not mind their children at all and are oblivious of how annoying they were to other guests..not all...but it only takes a few to put a damper on your vacation. That is why we started to book at Adults Only resorts.

Sadly :( it's not the children's fault .....it's the parents I'd like to give a boot in the behind to.

Donna-- brr I thought the same thing-- I didnt know that NY still did crusies in the winter- Anyone know how many days it takes to cruise to warm up?

I've been wondering the same thing....how long until I can switch into shorts..bathing suit:)

I don't know but wondered. When I asked on these boards I was told about 1 1/2 -- 2 days, depending on Mother Nature's cooperation & your tolerance for cold. The hot tubs are heated; it's just bitter cold when you get out. :eek:

There's nothing like being in a nice hot tub, sipping bubbly and watching the snow fall, even if it's falling on you. (I've never done it on a cruise & don't know if you can) The problem is you better have something to wrap into quick & a short escape back inside once you get out -- bbbrrrrrrrrr:eek:

Archived