Kosher meals -is this an option?

suzw

I think this would be something that you would check on the Princess Personalizer, call Princess and then double check once onboard to make sure they have what the passenger would need.

I just tried to check the personalizer to see if that is an option, but as usual, it is not responding. Seems like it goes down every Friday or Saturday! ARGH!

We are planning a family trip and one member keeps kosher. Is this an option? We will be going on the Caribbean Princess

thanks,

Suzanne

Suzanne,

Here's the proverbial question: "How kosher?"

Strict kosher meals need to be ordered in advance. Keep in mind, there are no kosher facilities on the ship to actually prepare the meals, so what you'll receive is a heated up meal served in it's foil container and presented on a plate and probably plastic utensils.

Depending on the degree of kashrut your family member keeps outside the home, one could get by quite easily with adhering to dietary laws (i.e., a huge variety of parve/dairy food) and not eating meat.

If your family member is interested - there are cruiselines that do offer 'kosher' cruises - Windstar is one.

Good luck!

Toto. I just checked the Princess website.. You can check "Kosher Meals" in your profile so I guess Princess does. But as you said, I would check and remind them once you board.

Someone at our table had one of the meals - it looked like a frozen dinner and they said it tasted like such.

If food is important on a cruise - i would probably book a ship that specializes in this. The person that we sat with said flavor didn't matter, they were just thrilled to be on the ship so they didn't mind the food.

Archived