What Does It Mean?

I know the answer is out there.

I recently received e-documents for a transatlantic cruise in April. Printed on the luggage tags where it usually has my member status is printed "VIP". Can anyone tell me what the "VIP" means?

Very Innocent Pomegranite

I would think you have been granted exceptionally high status. That is just a guess. Are you a Pinnacle level member of C&A or are you staying in an Owner's Suite or do you hold a very high level of RCI stock? Are you famous, as in the arts or politics?

None of the above. We are diamond plus, just good old retired folk that love to cruise.

Since you are diamond + already I would naturally assume you booked a suite.

Our documents always say vip, but you may have some other earned status that gets you the vip. Call RCL and let them guide you.

VIP Very Important Person and R C L will treat you that way.

I would think you have been granted exceptionally high status. That is just a guess. Are you a Pinnacle level member of C&A or are you staying in an Owner's Suite or do you hold a very high level of RCI stock? Are you famous, as in the arts or politics?

For Pinnacle Club Members, it says Pinnacle Club on the luggage tags that we get from RCI.

I would call the Diamond Plus Desk and inquire 1-800-526-9723 (press "9" anytime during the greeting).

I did inquire and the rep did not know what it meant. She put me on hold to ask supervisor and we somehow got disconnected. I will try again using the "9" prompt. Thanks.

I know curiousity has the best of you, but I'd think twice. When my daughter and I checked in for the brand new Reflection inaugural sailing, there was a little sticker on both our sea pass that said 50%. :confused: We didn't really notice it until we were already onboard. Stupid us just had to know what it all meant. So we figured okay, we'll ask at guest services while getting our sea pass card punched for our lanyard. While waiting, the first customers service person who assists in the line approached us and we asked him. He said, are you VIPs? no, we answered. Do you work for Celebrity or Royal Caribbean? no, we answered. Are you contractors with Celebrity or Royal Caribbean? No. he said, well I don't know then but maybe they can look it up when you get to the desk. So we make it to the desk and get our cards punched and I ask the guest services. To which he asked us the same questions. Then exclaims it must be a MISTAKE, he says in a huff and rips the sticker off. :( I said, well, maybe the person checking us in, wanted us to have it. He said, no you aren't entitled. I said, well can you at least tell me what it meant. He said 50% off everything you buy on the ship, food, drinks, excursions, in the shops ANYTHING!!.:eek:

So I swear if I EVER see anything like that again on my card, I will not let curiousity interfere. :D

I know the answer is out there.

I recently received e-documents for a transatlantic cruise in April. Printed on the luggage tags where it usually has my member status is printed "VIP". Can anyone tell me what the "VIP" means?

I don't know if this applies to you, but when I was looking at booking through AAA, one of their benefits was a VIP status that allowed you priority boarding and a bottle of champagne.

I know curiousity has the best of you, but I'd think twice. When my daughter and I checked in for the brand new Reflection inaugural sailing, there was a little sticker on both our sea pass that said 50%. :confused: We didn't really notice it until we were already onboard. Stupid us just had to know what it all meant. So we figured okay, we'll ask at guest services while getting our sea pass card punched for our lanyard. While waiting, the first customers service person who assists in the line approached us and we asked him. He said, are you VIPs? no, we answered. Do you work for Celebrity or Royal Caribbean? no, we answered. Are you contractors with Celebrity or Royal Caribbean? No. he said, well I don't know then but maybe they can look it up when you get to the desk. So we make it to the desk and get our cards punched and I ask the guest services. To which he asked us the same questions. Then exclaims it must be a MISTAKE, he says in a huff and rips the sticker off. :( I said, well, maybe the person checking us in, wanted us to have it. He said, no you aren't entitled. I said, well can you at least tell me what it meant. He said 50% off everything you buy on the ship, food, drinks, excursions, in the shops ANYTHING!!.:eek:

So I swear if I EVER see anything like that again on my card, I will not let curiousity interfere. :D

Wowzers!

Bummer, that would have been neat, 50% off everything...

OMG! I had to read this post twice to make sure I read it correctly. I would be kicking myself over and over for asking but I know I'd be just like you wondering what the heck 50% meant and I would have kept asking until I got an answer. I'm sorry!

Moral of the story is, if you see something too good to be true, TAKE IT. I made the mistake of calling RCL and asking why they dropped SOV cabins on the CAD site to $199 for $519 and was I allowed to book it. He said this was an error, and I better hurry up and book it before they fix this glitch.

I called my TA and he was on a call so I had to leave a message. It took me 20 minutes to finally reach him and as soon as he logged in to book me that rate, he said they already raised it back up to $519/pp. MAN. I shoulda just had him book first and ask questions later.

Archived