How to bring water and soda

denrusk

What is the best way to bring bottled water and soda on board and is there a limit? I have heard that people just stick a luggage tag to the case and give it to the porters. Does that work? Thanks for your help!

In the past you could check a case of water or cokes, but now it has to be in your carry on.

We have one of those rolling duffel bags from Target and carry the drinks on in that. We fold the thing up and squish it into a suitcase when before we self debark and it works out pretty well.

You might as well have the water lose as they are going to shake every bottle when you go through security.

I don't remember the exact limits, but I am sure that someone does.

Like a dozen bottles of water and a six pack of cokes or two per person.

What is the best way to bring bottled water and soda on board and is there a limit? I have heard that people just stick a luggage tag to the case and give it to the porters. Does that work? Thanks for your help!

From Carnival's "FAQ" section:

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

So, to answer your question, no, you cannot "stick a luggage tag on it and give to the porters". If you give it one of the porters, you probably won't see it again.:eek::rolleyes:

Each person in your party is allowed 12 bottles of water and 12 bottles of soda, 20oz size. You must carry it on board with you, no check in. Carring it on eliminate another bag thrown on top of yours and breaking open bottles on your cloths. You dont want that mess do you.

I put two twelve packs of coke cans, 18 cans of pineapple juice and a 32 bottle case of water in a large rolling suitcase and checked it. It arrived in my cabin with no problems. YMMV.

Can you imagine how many people(especially women) you would have mad at you if those burst open & got there clothes all wet. If I were Carnival I would charge you for everyone ones cleaning bills!!!!!!

Each person in your party is allowed 12 bottles of water and 12 bottles of soda, 20oz size. You must carry it on board with you, no check in. Carring it on eliminate another bag thrown on top of yours and breaking open bottles on your cloths. You dont want that mess do you.

I thought it was a total of 12. So it would be soda OR water, or a combo of up to 12.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My family of five (wife, husband and 3 kids) went on Carnival cruise this past Dec. We have a roll suitcase we carried on with a 6 pack of soda per person and a pack of 24 waters. We opened the suitcase at security and they barely looked at it. Didn't even take any of the water out of the 24 pack of water we had. Just told us we were good and to move on.

You can also buy more water (and soda) at your ports of call. No need to carry on massive amounts of drinks on embarkation day.

I thought that the only time we can bring water and soda on board was embarkation day? Are you saying in each port I can grab a 6-pack of soda and walk on board with it?

I can't tell from reading above....does the bottled water have to be taken out of the plastic wrap or not-making it a case of water? Is it required to be placed in an actual carry on bag? Sounds like they are ok with either way?

I thought that the only time we can bring water and soda on board was embarkation day? Are you saying in each port I can grab a 6-pack of soda and walk on board with it?

Absolutely....

Bring 12 more at every port if you are a soda addict.

I used to but got lazy and have done the soda card the last couple of cruises.

Bill

Can you bring on additional sodas on board with the same restrictions?

I can't tell from reading above....does the bottled water have to be taken out of the plastic wrap or not-making it a case of water? Is it required to be placed in an actual carry on bag? Sounds like they are ok with either way?

Yes, you can carry-on more pop/water at ports.

You can bring it in original packaging or loose, your choice. They reserve the right to open any 6/8/12 packs to check for smuggling. They may or may not re-seal the packages. They didn't tape my 12 packs of pop after they ripped open the tops.

Freedom October 2011 1 12 pack of ginger ale and 1 bottle of wine in small rolling suitcase wrapped in a beach towel. My husband 1 12 pack of Mt. Dew :( and 1 bottle of wine in small rolling suitcase wrapped in beach towel. No issues out of Ft. Lauderdale.

We also got soda card each but was hard to bring back a cup with no lid and soda in it so we drank the soda we brought in our room for night or whatnot.

Also purchase before cruise 2 Tervis Tumbler cups (hot things hot cold things cold with no sweating and lids) that had initials on them K for me R for my DH. That is what we would hand over when we used our soda card.

I pack ours in a small suitcase with a soft sided cooler and other misc items and check it. We always get that bag last with a note saying it's been checked and found ok. At the end of the cruise after waters and sodas are gone I then have space for souvenirs and liquor.

On my last cruise we brought a 24 pack of bottled water & also 2 12 packs of sodas. We were prepared for them to start checking all the water bottles, because they were checking some younger "college-age" kids in front of us...but they didn't check ours.

Before I knew you could carry water on I used to fill a couple vodka bottles with water then I would put the vodka in my mouthwash bottle. Of course I needed my mouth wash so I filled up the empty water bottles with that. I figured if they busted me for smuggling water all they got was my mouth wash.

Archived