Cabin 6093 on Westerdam

BM64

We are thinking of booking cabin 6093 for an Alaskan cruise this summer. It would be our first suite and I'm very excited about that!!!! I see that this cabin is next to the elevators and wonder about noise and possible privacy when on the balcony? Thanks for any thoughts or info anyone may have.

We are thinking of booking cabin 6093 for an Alaskan cruise this summer. It would be our first suite and I'm very excited about that!!!! I see that this cabin is next to the elevators and wonder about noise and possible privacy when on the balcony? Thanks for any thoughts or info anyone may have.

While I have never heard any elevator noise complaints, some people do not like the fact that you can look onto the balcony of the first cabins away from the elevators. Being that it is Alaska though, this might not be a big issue. Also, other people have reported that the glass elevator issue (looking onto the balcony) is no big deal. I guess it just depends on your feelings.

As to the location, I love being by the midship elevators since they provide great access to just about anywhere on the ship, plus they are not used as often as the other two banks.

One thought - have you considered moving up to an SA cabin on deck 7? While the cabins are the same (as I recall), being closer to the Neptune Lounge is a real plus - easy to pop in for a quick coffee or snack. Also, alot of folks really like the aft-wrap cabins for an Alaska cruise (category SC) due to the better views. I think deck 5 has the largest balconies on these, but you can get some good information on this issue (best aft-wrap on the Westerdam) by doing a Search Forum from this page.

Welcome to the "suite-life". You will surely enjoy it, but remember, there is no going back once you do!

DaveOKC

Being in the elevator lobby, you barely hear anything- just the "ding" of the arriving elevator. You won't hear anything in your room.

A loud party getting off the elevator is also possible, but room insulation is pretty good.

I never get the ones next to the outside elev. People on the elev can see your balcony. Others on here have said they where ok, but I don't want one , Just my opinion. I get the Deluxe Suite but not them. Bill

Thank you everyone for your replies. I am going to call my TA and look for a different cabin. Don't think we would like sitting on the balcony and having people looking in. Our last Alaska cruise we used the balcony a lot and are hopeful that we will be able to do the same again this time.

Archived