RCI - Bermuda 2014 - Explorer of the Seas

Clancy14

I have started choosing my Bermuda 2014 cruise and am disappointed to find that RCI has returned to 5 night cruises again on the Explorer of the Seas for September and October of 2014.

I really enjoyed the new 7 Night 2012 September and October Sunday cruises to Bermuda with the 2 and 1/2 days at Dockyard. This September's (2013) late start to Bermuda (the 29th) doesn't really work for me, with my business, but at least it's still 7 nights.

I don't understand why they changed back. I thought the 7 nighters were very popular? Any thoughts? I will still go of course, and I don't mean to whine, but I will miss the extra days. Oh well

- Miriam

Have you thought about going on the new Norwegian Breakaway out of New York... I hear it is the ship of all ships....

There is the Celebrity Summit. It does seven day cruises. If I can slip in a Bermuda sailing this year it will be on Summit as it would have to be in August. I like Celebrity and did Summit to the southern Caribbean years ago. While I have not been a fan of NCL, the Breakaway looks promising. The only reason I don't have it on my list if I do Bermuda this year is that I am sailing with a group on Breakaway this December on its non Bermuda itinerary and don't want to do the same ship twice in a year. I am hoping that promising turns out to be good enough that I could place it on my personal list of ships I would take to Bermuda in the future.

I have cruised the Celebrity Summit to Bermuda before. The last cruise of the Bermuda season is the Sunday before Labor Day. It then repositions for the Fall cruise season. This does not work for me and my cruising companions (sometimes my DH, sometimes my BFF's) as I like to take a mid-September/October Bermuda cruise every year.

So the Summit is out :(!

I will not cruise Norwegian. I'm "Loyal to Royal" (Celebrity). It's just a matter of choice!

Thanks for the suggestions, though! I always appreciate the help!

Waiting for the Quantum!!! Perhaps in 2015, she'll surprise us all and do Bermuda in the Fall from Cape Liberty ( wishful thinking!!!;))

-Miriam

As everyone has stated...you have Celebrity Summit...WONDERFUL...out of NJ.....NCL BRAND NEW BEAUTIFUL SHIP out of NY (we have booked for September) AND RCCL is "rumored" to take the Explorers place at the end of 2014 "Quantum".

Bermuda is one of our favorite places....and I know how you feel.

I will not cruise Norwegian. I'm "Loyal to Royal" (Celebrity). It's just a matter of choice!

-Miriam

If you won't cruise NCL because you don't like it, that is one thing. If it is being "Loyal to Royal" that is not smart.......and saying that is not a matter of choice is a misnomer.....in reality it is limiting choice.

If you won't cruise NCL because you don't like it, that is one thing. If it is being "Loyal to Royal" that is not smart.......and saying that is not a matter of choice is a misnomer.....in reality it is limiting choice.

I agree. We have cruised on NCL, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Azamara, Carnival, Holland America, Cunard and Royal Viking (no longer in business). I expect to be adding to that list in coming years. Every cruise line has its good and bad features, and although I like some lines better than others I would never consider limiting my options by ruling out a cruise line I'd never tried due to "loyalty" to any particular line.

I agree with Charles and NJH. We've cruised 4 lines and need one more cruise on two of them to move up another tier but have chosen another line for our next cruise. DH has never been on this line, I was and wanted DH to experience it. There are some things on this line that I like over the others. Also, many time the itinerary is more important to us than the ship or the line.:)

I have cruised RCI, Celebrity, Carnival, NCL, Princess, Disney, Cunard, Seascape, Azamara, Holland America, and Windjammer before they went out of business.

For price, variety, port locations, and a number of other reasons ( personal choice in decorations, food, type of clientele, staff, etc.) I am still "Loyal to Royal" and will not sail on Norwegian (again).

I loved Disney but until I have grandchildren, I'll wait to cruise on her again, but I think, we're getting off topic. All I was saying was that I was disappointed that the Explorer was back to doing 5 night cruises in the Fall again, instead of the new 7 night itineraries.

- Miriam

Archived