Has anyone noticed the new pricing on Interior Cabins?

Leo's Rule

What? Really? I have an upgraded OV cabin...my first OV ever' date=' but that really sucks to pay more for a porthole!!!! :eek:[/quote']

You'll be fine in a upgraded OV and will have a picture window. My post was in regards to the 3rd party online TA sites that give a starting Ocean View rate that is a porthole. Carnival does not do this on their web pricing. Carnivals web pricing for portholes is equal to the cheapest interior.

I was checking on prices for my cruises and found that my July cruise is now cheaper; however' date=' the price for a picture window has increased. But that's not the kicker...Carnival is now charging for a regular interior room.

I thought they were only doing that because it's a Resident's Rate sale, but they are doing it under all rate categories.

So I checked my October cruise...and sure enough...they are charging for interiors. The rooms that are included in the quoted rates are the upper/lowers! Why are they doing this?[/quote']

I noticed this today for the first time. Since fareviewer is down, I was doing a mock booking for a 4B to check for price drops. Had to click on "interior" to get to 4A, and then "midship" to get to the 4B.

FYI all Carnival ships have 1A cabins, its just Spirit class ships only have 5.

This pricing is how it use to be years ago. Since 1A cabins are the cheapest it makes sense to list them first, rather than have a person have to click through to do a deduction from a 4A.

If you do pricing on a third party booking engine it ALWAYS showed 1A pricing as the starter rate.

Yesterday I checked the price on a cruise we wanted to book and saw it was $20.00 Cheaper than it had been with an additional -$2.50 off per person for the porthole room that we want. That ALL changed today. The -$2.50 was NOW gone. The room price is still the same so we better book NOW b-4 the $$$$$$ change any more. We will be booking Early saver so we can take advantage of the Possible price drops

Archived