Has anyone noticed the new pricing on Interior Cabins?

Leo's Rule

I was checking on prices for my cruises and found that my July cruise is now cheaper; however, the price for a picture window has increased. But that's not the kicker...Carnival is now charging for a regular interior room.

I thought they were only doing that because it's a Resident's Rate sale, but they are doing it under all rate categories.

So I checked my October cruise...and sure enough...they are charging for interiors. The rooms that are included in the quoted rates are the upper/lowers! Why are they doing this?

So now the lowest quoted price on Carnival's site that is listed is for the 1A. If you want a 4A on the cruises I was looking at you had to upgrade for more money.

This is the first time I have seen this. In the past it has always said for a 1A deduct so and so amount. I guess they decided that it looks better to show the lowest price even though it is for a 1A.

So now the lowest quoted price on Carnival's site that is listed is for the 1A. If you want a 4A on the cruises I was looking at you had to upgrade for more money.

This is the first time I have seen this.

I noticed it last night, but thought it was a fluke (since the OBC sale had just ended)...I just checked again before posting here...and it seems to be real. Any ship that doesn't have the 1A category (i.e. Miracle) has the 4A cabin as the lowest price.

I noticed it last night' date=' but thought it was a fluke (since the OBC sale had just ended)...I just checked again before posting here...and it seems to be real. Any ship that doesn't have the 1A category (i.e. Miracle) has the 4A cabin as the lowest price.[/quote']

FYI all Carnival ships have 1A cabins, its just Spirit class ships only have 5.

This pricing is how it use to be years ago. Since 1A cabins are the cheapest it makes sense to list them first, rather than have a person have to click through to do a deduction from a 4A.

If you do pricing on a third party booking engine it ALWAYS showed 1A pricing as the starter rate.

This is the first time I have seen this. In the past it has always said for a 1A deduct so and so amount. I guess they decided that it looks better to show the lowest price even though it is for a 1A.

I've been booking through VTG and they've shown the 1A price for several years. Then a 4A would usually be $20 pp higher.

I've never seen that until today' date=' Mhurst. You always had money deducted if you chose an upper/lower cabin. (1A category).[/quote']

A 1A secret very few people know (even most Carnival PVPs) is there are no bunk beds on the Spirit Class ships.

Go do a mock booking...you'll see it.

I tried a sailing other than my own. I'm attaching a screenshot.

I did see it..I agree it's strange to see on the Carnival website...never saw it listed first on their website before.

I've always seen it listed first on the online TA websites.

FYI all Carnival ships have 1A cabins, its just Spirit class ships only have 5.

This pricing is how it use to be years ago. Since 1A cabins are the cheapest it makes sense to list them first, rather than have a person have to click through to do a deduction from a 4A.

If you do pricing on a third party booking engine it ALWAYS showed 1A pricing as the starter rate.

I've never done bookings through a 3rd party vendor. Every time I've booked, whatever price was listed, it was always for the 4A. And it's possible the cruise price hasn't changed, but for those of us who are used to seeing it one way, it seems that the price of the cruise goes up. But I understand what you're stating. The only cruises I have an interior cabin on are my July and February sailings. Guess I'll go through the booking process completely to verify there were not any price changes.

I've never done bookings through a 3rd party vendor. Every time I've booked' date=' whatever price was listed, it was always for the 4A. And it's possible the cruise price hasn't changed, but for those of us who are used to seeing it one way, it seems that the price of the cruise goes up. But I understand what you're stating. The only cruises I have an interior cabin on are my July and February sailings. Guess I'll go through the booking process completely to verify there were not any price changes.[/quote']

When Carnival first switched over to this booking system, you werent even able to book a 1a from the site..there were tons of threads about it. Im guessing this was maybe 3-4 years ago.So this current change is just bringing them back to how things were on the previous booking engine.

The total prices didnt change, they just dont require 1a bookers to play the deduction game.

When Carnival first switched over to this booking system, you werent even able to book a 1a from the site..there were tons of threads about it. Im guessing this was maybe 3-4 years ago.So this current change is just bringing them back to how things were on the previous booking engine.

The total prices didnt change, they just dont require 1a bookers to play the deduction game.

OH...ok. My 1st cruise was in '03 and my 2nd one didn't happen until '11. And the first one was booked by my friend...so I had no idea that's how it used to be. Well, thanks for clarifying this for me.

I noticed this about December. We have not booked an interior before always balconys and higher. The cruise in June we booked interior and when checking the fare viewer (when it worked) the lowest price would come up as a 1A then. The prices on all of our cruises have sky rocketed so they are probably showing their rock bottom price to get you to look and book.

Our interior room has gone up 1100.00 since we booked in Oct.

Archived