NCAA Basketball

Rinderoo

Recognizing the fickel nature of cruise ship television (licensing, satellite, etc) anyone know if Princess will be televising the NCAA basketball tournament on the ship? I remember my other Princess cruise had the World Series televised.

Have a future Indiana University student traveling with us and I'd hate for the guys to miss the game. Hoping they'll show them on MUTS.

(FWIW, its Caribbean Princess March 30-Apr 6)

Go Hoosiers!

When we were on the Caribbean Princess in April 2004, they showed the NCAA Women's game on Sunday night in the Explorer's Lounge and the NCAA Men's game on Monday night on MUTS. Only the Finals were shown, not any of the games leading up to it. Not sure if they have changed any of that now.

Usually, sports or programming of wide general appeal to most of the passengers, such as the World Series, SuperBowl, etc. are broadcast. It also depends on the satellite and where the ship is in relation to the satellite's coverage area. If Indiana is in the Final Four, there's a chance it'll be broadcast. It costs a small fortune to broadcast special events so unless it's something most passengers want to see, it's not economically justifiable.

A suggestion is to either change your cruising plans or DVR the game(s). That's the surest way not to miss what is really important to you.

We have been on two different cruises during the playoffs, and only once did I get to see my team play. Otherwise you have to watch the ticker at the bottom of the TV while watching ESPN

anyone have any other insight as to the NCAA tournement being shown on CB 3/23/-3/30. it is the first founds....

Recognizing the fickel nature of cruise ship television (licensing, satellite, etc) anyone know if Princess will be televising the NCAA basketball tournament on the ship? I remember my other Princess cruise had the World Series televised.

Have a future Indiana University student traveling with us and I'd hate for the guys to miss the game. Hoping they'll show them on MUTS.

(FWIW, its Caribbean Princess March 30-Apr 6)

Go Hoosiers!

Go Hoosiers !

Parents of 2 IU grads

Go Hoosiers !

Parents of 2 IU grads

we will be on same voyage and hoping to get final four and championship coverage...HUGE COLLEGE HOOPS FANS! In the past, we have seen all major sporting events as long as satellite was good....

CUSE FANS!

I've gone to the sports bar on several spring break cruises to watch games in the early rounds. Not sure if it was the sweet sixteen or elite eight rounds.

which is the sports bar on the Caribbean Princess?

Archived