walk from hotel to NOLA cruise ship terminal

m5gg1

A straight answer - I have walked that area many times. There is a popular mall right there and there will be many tourists. You are right; it is not a long walk and you could pull moderate luggage. The walk will be safe; there will be many people around.

You will have to walk around the convention center, cant cross thru it.

In Sept my roomie was in French Qtr and was purse snatched and lost all her IDs, money etc and had to take a bus to houston (to the embassy) to get home to the UK.

I got off a cruise a week ago, and the first night at the MDR one of the men said his wallet had vanished in a bar, he thought a pick pocket. The bar tender told him never happened in his bar. .. but he was borrowing cash from a friend.

Do be carefull.

I actually think Mariott uses the shuttle from the offsite parking, have you asked them? I could have the wrong Mariott, but it shuttled when I stayed there.

It isn't a bad walk. The Marriott is on Convention Center Blvd. When you leave the hotel take a left, going towards Canal Street.

The first street you come to is Julia Street. Take a right and cross Convention Center Blvd. (there is a traffic signal). Follow the walkway along Julia to the seawall. Cross the tracks and there is a roadway leading to the two terminals.

There are signs saying "no pedestrians," but lots of prople use this route. It is a safe walk.

As many have posted over the last couple of years, it is possible. Not a lot of fun, railroad tracks and traffic make it a mess with luggage. It is $7 or less from the Marriott to the terminal. Much easier and less aggravation. No worries about the weather or traffic. The cops can be rude for walking where prohibited and cars and trucks will run you down. We take a cab.

• 1 month later...

RCI tells you (if you drive) to park in the Whale Lot on Julia Street to access the port. Where do you walk to get to the Port? It looks like there are 2 walkways going over the tracks? Or do you take a taxi?

I can't see why you couldn't walk to the Whale lot from any close by hotels. I must be missing something.

There is only one way to get to the terminal from the Whale Lot: Julia Street crosses the tracks and dead-ends at the roadway leading to the terminal.

Thanks!

OK....so is that how we "enter" the terminal on foot after parking there:confused:?

Here is the info @ the Port of New Orleans web site -- http://www.portno.com/pno_pages/cruises_passenger_info.htm#julia

Parking for Julia St. Cruise Terminal

Once entering Port of New Orleans Place, proceed past the Erato Street Terminal to Julia Street. There you will be directed to the Julia St Terminal drop-off area where you will be assisted with your luggage by Seacaps. You will then be directed down Julia St. where you will take a right turn onto the Service Roadway into the “Whale Lot.” Parking costs $16 per day. Before leaving your car make sure that you have both parking tickets accounted for because they will be needed on the way out of the facility. A shuttle is provided back to the terminal if needed. Parking lot is secured, lighted and patrolled.

Archived