Carnival Cruiser trying out the EPIC!

ThisFemmeKat

I normally sail carnival and will continue to.. But variety is the spice of life and all that.. lol

I am excited to try the Epic. I love entertainment and shows and heard good things..

But as much as I know Carnival, I am a no nothing on the Epic.. :(

What things should I know and be prepared for.. especially with things to pay for or reservations that I need to make in advance of my cruise..

I am looking for info that is different than cruising with Carnival.

In case it matters, Im booking for spring 2014. Already cant wait!

Bring forth your NCL wisdom.. Ready... GO!

Our first cruise was on CCL, and it did get us hooked on cruising, but we have found a home on NCL... :D...one thing I have noticed is that you tend to get more on board credits with NCL and can use them for all the wonderful specialty restaurants...I think my favorite one from the Star is Cagney's....NCL tends to make the cover less than CCL, so you can do more of them if you wish...I wait until I board because then you can use your OBC to pay for it. Alot of time, they give you a free bottle of wine if you book one of the specialty ones on the first night (lobster night.

The last cruise we did, we got an upsell to a suite and if it is at all possible money wise for you to get a suite, go for it...you will be spoiled for life with the suite life that NCL gives you :D

on CCl there is only one extra fee restaurant. the steak house and it was 30 or 35 pp.. are all the restaurants charges on ncl? and what kind of cover is it?

On the Epic the specialty restaurants charge between $15 and $25 per person depending on the restaurant. There are italian, japanese, chinese, french, brazilian churascaria, and a steakhouse. Also there is a sushi bar and a noodle bar which are ala carte. Pizza is available for delivery anywhere on the ship for $5. The two main dining rooms, several buffets, and a 24 hour eatery are all free of charge.

on CCl there is only one extra fee restaurant. the steak house and it was 30 or 35 pp.. are all the restaurants charges on ncl? and what kind of cover is it?

No, there are plenty of "free" dining options that are wonderful, I just mentioned the pay ones because it is better to wait until onboard to book so you can use your OBC for them....the cover for Cagney's is only $25/pp and the filet mignon melts in your mouth...I cant remember the other prices, but all are very good for the food you get...The last cruise is the first time we ate at more than one "pay" option, the MDR food is very good on NCL...

Katrina of the Waves!

I will be on the Epic for my 11 nt TA - only one port - I will no doubt explore every inch of the ship, dine in ALL of the restaurants, & drink in ALL of the bars!

You can pick my brain in October on the Breeze!

Katrina of the Waves!

I will be on the Epic for my 11 nt TA - only one port - I will no doubt explore every inch of the ship, dine in ALL of the restaurants, & drink in ALL of the bars!

You can pick my brain in October on the Breeze!

Oh.. You know that I will.. thats great.. please bring a photo presentation for me.. lol I wish I could do a TA!!! But have no clue how to take off that much time from work.. My dad lives in Portugal.. I would love to visit him for a week at the same time.. but 3 weeks is alot!

Archived