Going with son

Just wondering if anyone has a spouse who does not like to go on vacations with them? My DH does not like crowds and refuses to go on vacations with us, I love to travel so I go alone with our 14 yr old. Last year our 20 yr old went too but he can not get off this time. I am just wondering if anyone else has to go it alone.

Just wondering if anyone has a spouse who does not like to go on vacations with them? My DH does not like crowds and refuses to go on vacations with us, I love to travel so I go alone with our 14 yr old. Last year our 20 yr old went too but he can not get off this time. I am just wondering if anyone else has to go it alone.

My mother is in the same boat as you are. My stepdad is a real "fuddy duddy" and doesnt like to do ANYTHING.

My mom however, LOVES cruising! She can totally release from the world on a cruise ship she says.

So she is my main cruising buddy and I try to take her as much as I can. He doesnt like it too much but it is what it is :D

Gordon is that exact way, I have trouble getting him to go much of anywhere. He is a farm boy to the heart and just hates to leave for more than a day. I can get him to Denver every 4 or 5 yrs to go to the Stock Show but it seems like the older he gets the worse he is about going places.

My husband doesn't have as much holiday from work as me and so I have to go alone and once a year with my son [ aged 22]. We have a great time and really enjoy ourselves.

I really enjoy the time we can spend together especially as he is away for:) the larger part of the year.

My DH likes to vacation, just isn't all that in to cruises (which I love;)). I usually go with my sister and now that my DD is a older she is going with us this time.

We (sister and I) always have such a great time!

Then we do a family land vacation some time during the year. also DH doesn't have as much vacation as I do either so it works out ok.

My husband is self employed so it's hard for him to take time off. He went on a cruise with me and our son in 2009, and plans to take me on another for our 25th wedding anniversary in 2016. So my first cruise was me, my son and my mom. My NEXT cruise is me, my son, my mom, and my sister :)

I don't have a husband or boyfriend so all my holidays are just my son and I (well except trips away with my girlfriends). We have really similar interests - both total water babies, love diving, swimming, eating and movies. Cruises are perfect for us! Our last five holidays I can only think of two arguments we had. I can tell you trips away with my ex were significantly more fractious!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

My dad traveled the world for work. Now that he is retired, he doesn't like to travel. My partner and I take my mom on vacations with us, so she can get out and see places. We have such a great time with her and feel lucky she can still get about as well as she does. In 4 weeks, we'll be on Freedom with her and our niece. Can't wait!

My dad does not like cruises, he has never been on one just "knows" he doesn't like them.

So, i (35) go on cruises with my mum (76) we have a great time and my dad gets to stay 50 miles away from his own home and Cat sit for me :D

I love to travel so I go alone with our 14 yr old. Last year our 20 yr old went too but he can not get off this time. I am just wondering if anyone else has to go it alone.

I'm taking my DD14 and DS17 this time without DH. Is there any special paperwork needed to take the kids without one of the parents there?

My DH veiws a vacations as sitting in the middle of the woods waiting for an animal to cross his path OR a tiny little boat with a stick and string waiting for something to bite it. This is NOT my idea of a vacation!!!:mad:

DH will stay in this state forever and if it isn't his choice of leaving the house he never leaves it!! Serious, he won't go to the store, downtown nothing!!!

SOOOO I travel alone too!!! Our kids love traveling, I had them bit in 06 and they have been begging since, but I decided to go with a bunch of girls, twice!!

I plan to take each kid again probably seperately, it just sounds like more fun to be alone with each of them at a time, better quality time!!

So no you are not the only one with a stuffy hubby, travel on sister travel on!! :D

My DH does enjoy cruising but not to the extent I do. He needs to be doing something and during a Sea day and I might choose to sit around and watch the people and ocean, he will ask me what do we do now. Unless I am in the room to get ready for dinner or go to bed I am rarely in the room during the day while he will go back and watch TV. I don't go on a cruise to watch TV. He has said 3 X's now that cruise will be his last, yet if I book one, he will be ready to pack up and go again:).

I'm taking my DD14 and DS17 this time without DH. Is there any special paperwork needed to take the kids without one of the parents there?

Any time you're leaving the country without both parents, it's always a good idea to have a signed (and preferably notarized) letter from the non-present parent acknowledging that <spouse name> is taking <minor child/age> out of the country for the purposes of a vacation on <ship name> during the time frame of <itinerary dates>. Include email, daytime phone, and evening phone number for the other parent as well.

When I used to drive my son to my MIL's house in NY state alone, this made border crossings (Michigan/Canada and Canada/New York) much, much easier!

Archived