Bon Voyage substitution question

mdcrim

I ordered a Deluxe High Seas gift set from Bon Voyage a few weeks ago for our upcoming cruise. Looking through the Carnival website that option is no longer there but they are offering a similar set that includes a tote bag but has a little less photo credit. I'm wondering if I'll end up with what I ordered or the new option. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

I'm glad I ordered my Deluxe High Seas set last week. I see too that they are not online anymore. If they substitute anything else, I may have to complain as I want what is in the High Seas set.....Karen

19 Days til Carnival Pride

I ordered a Deluxe High Seas gift set from Bon Voyage a few weeks ago for our upcoming cruise. Looking through the Carnival website that option is no longer there but they are offering a similar set that includes a tote bag but has a little less photo credit. I'm wondering if I'll end up with what I ordered or the new option. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

My gut feeling is that if that item is not available on your particular ship, despite your order confirmation saying that a substitute will be issued, you'll receive a notice very similar to this one that has been seen onboard CCL ships for a while now . . .

Bon%20Voyage%20Not%20Avail-L.jpg

Once you eventually figure our what they mean by The Hostess, and you initiate that contact (totally on your own effort), you'll be advised that a refund to the credit card used for the purchase will occur a few weeks after you return home. If it was a gift to you from someone else, the refund will, of course, go to their card, and you'll receive zilch beyond the 'Yo, sucks to be you' note. :rolleyes:

Some cruise lines have a quality inventory control program for their Bon Voyage purchases, and some others do not.

Have a great cruise!! :)

I ordered 3 gift sets and did not receive any of them. I was told they were out of stock. I was not offered a similar substitution. My credit card was refunded within a week of returning home after the 7 day cruise.

OP, I hope you have better luck!

Well, that stinks! I notice in the fine print they reserve the right to substitute for something of equal value. I would hope they would always do this... I think I'll call and see if I can get a firm answer (good luck needed-I know). The other package is very close with just a few small differences so I hope they can substitute it.

Well, that stinks! I notice in the fine print they reserve the right to substitute for something of equal value. I would hope they would always do this... I think I'll call and see if I can get a firm answer (good luck needed-I know). The other package is very close with just a few small differences so I hope they can substitute it.

On my last cruise I had ordered a windbreaker. They offered me a different size ... a 2x....I needed a large. I told them no and they refunded my credit card.

My suggestion is call bon voyage and if they say it might be substituted then cancel you order you already have and place a new order on the object you want.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention as months ago I placed several orders thru BV before the change took place. I never thought about cancelling the order and then re-ordering. I wouldnt be happy if most of the stuff I ordered couldnt be delivered and I had to wait a week after returning home for my $$. I ordered several items, along with 4 bottles of booze. Now people are saying you cant order more than 2 bottles. I would like to know before getting on board about my purchases as I probably spent around $400. Guess they will get a call from me tomorrow....

L

Archived