marriot renaissance day pass

eddiep

Hi All

I am interested in the day pass. Does anyone have the email address of the marriot renaissance?? I tried the 800 number and that didnt work out too well.

Also, can I walk to the renaissance hotel. It has been several years since I was in aruba and as I recall the renaissance was at the opposite end of the main drag from the ship dock.

Thx in advance

Ed Pawlak

• 1 month later...
Your best bet for info is to phone the hotel directly 297-583-6000.

The Renaissance is an easy walk from the cruise terminal.

I am also very interested in the Renaissance Day Pass. Have been to Aruba several times and think its time to visit the private island . Have a couple of questions...... Once there, is it basically a beach day? Are there any beach activities? Also, I'm not a fan of small boat rides. I've read on the boards it's a 10 minute ride, is it a "choppy" ride or will I be able to relax and enjoy the view?

I was there earlier this week and wanted to post some up to date information. It is a very short walk from the Port (about 3 blocks). You cannot make reservations ahead of time but can go there directly when you depart the ship. If they are not completely booked that day, there is a good chance you can get a pass. Head up to the second floor to the check-in desk. The price has increased to $89/pp. This includes the boat ride to/from the island, lunch and the use of watersport (usually a float). It does not include any drinks (alcohol/non-alcohol) but their prices are just the same as the ship. A little pricey but well worth it as you are away from everyone and the beach and water is clean and clear.

I was there earlier this week and wanted to post some up to date information. It is a very short walk from the Port (about 3 blocks). You cannot make reservations ahead of time but can go there directly when you depart the ship. If they are not completely booked that day, there is a good chance you can get a pass. Head up to the second floor to the check-in desk. The price has increased to $89/pp. This includes the boat ride to/from the island, lunch and the use of watersport (usually a float). It does not include any drinks (alcohol/non-alcohol) but their prices are just the same as the ship. A little pricey but well worth it as you are away from everyone and the beach and water is clean and clear.

Thanks for the update, we'll be there in exactly 30 days:D

• 8 months later...

We will be in Aruba in 13 days..............does anyone have current information on the Renaissance day pass. I called two different numbers and neither person on the other end had any information. I would like to know the cost per person. I see from the previous post that no drinks are included.....I'm sure there is a limit for lunch. Anyone know what it is? Will we be able to use the entire facility? Pools, beach, unbrellas, chairs, etc.

In the past it has included one beverage with lunch and use of all of the amenities on the private island. There is no pool on the private island and did not include use of other resort amenities off of the island.

If you require use of a swimming pool I would look at a day pass for the Riu or Occidental if they are indeed still offered or Reflextions Beach Bar and Restarant at Surfside Beach.

Edited by Arubalisa

We did this in October last year. We walked a few short blocks to the hotel, took the escalator to the second floor and inquired at the counter. They had passes available and we paid $99 each. We caught the next boat over, grabbed our towels and stayed on the adult side with the flamingos all day. We each got lunch, one drink and the use of a float for an hour or two (can't remember the time limit on that) It was well worth every penny and we will do it again in March! :)

The island has a lot of palm trees, some shade palapas, plentiful chaise lounges and a restaurant. There is no swimming pool on the island. There is an adult only area as well as a family area.

scene_full-20.jpg

renaissance-aruba-resort.jpg

renaissance_island_galleryfull

• 2 weeks later...

There are quite some postings about problems with lots of mosquitos on the island. Any recent info on that? Maybe it is different from month to month... will be there end of march.

• 3 weeks later...

If you arrive fairly early in the morning, is there a good chance that you'd be able to get a lounger in the shade? That's one of the thing that some of the tripadvisor reviews are mixed about, and something that I'd really like to have. Our boat would be docking in Aruba at 8am.

Also, do you happen to remember how expensive drinks are on the island - about cruise ship prices perhaps?

In the past it has included one beverage with lunch and use of all of the amenities on the private island. There is no pool on the private island and did not include use of other resort amenities off of the island.

If you require use of a swimming pool I would look at a day pass for the Riu or Occidental if they are indeed still offered or Reflextions Beach Bar and Restarant at Surfside Beach.

Wait, this hotel owns a private island and the day pass includes transport to and from?

I didn't know they had a private island, am I reading this right?