Inside cabin or Outside cabin on Glory

flames

On the Carnival Glory, if you book an inside cabin on deck 7 and now you can get a Outside cabin on deck 1 or 2 what would be the better way to go?:confused:

Should I keep my Deck 7 inside or go for an outside Deck 1 or 2?:confused:

I prefer to be higher on the ship so I would keep the inside on deck 7. I usually book an inside on deck ten and pay more than an oceanview on deck 1 or 2.

The oceanview cabins are usually larger though – the inside on the Glory only have a small stool where most of the oceanviews have a couch.

Outside room for sure. My husband got somewhat seasick in the only inside room we have ever had. The waters were not even bad. I think it was about not having any light in the room. It is of course a issue of taste. Some love the inside rooms.

Although it is very nice to have the light coming in through the window and being able to look out once in awhile, you really need to determine how much time you would be in the room. If you are only in to sleep/shower/change, then book in the inside (and you can always leave the bathroom light on with the door opened just a hair to allow some lighting OR bring a few battery operated mini tea lites purchased at your local craft store and set them on the vanity).

If you don't mind spending slightly more (if that's your case), then go with the outside. I've stayed in both and have had no problem with either. Carnival cabins are a decent size...even the insides.

One issue of caution: on the other side of the back wall of the inside is usually where crew works and can definitely be noisy all hours of the night (lots of banging sounds..depends on what's going on the other side of the wall).

Just booked the Glory for Sept and chose an outside on deck two. Alot of times we book a balcony but since we are going north we won't use it. We did an inside on the Lido deck on our last trip on the Glory and I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT ALL CABINS BEING 185 sqt ft,,,,,we had the smallest inside cabin on the Glory we had ever had. We have been on many sailings on various ships with inside, outside and balcony and found the cabin on the lido deck was too small for us. I am sure the layout makes a difference though.

My suggestion,,,,go OUTSIDE.

Book OV on deck one, there are public areas on deck 3 which cause cabin noise on deck two. I believe the OV's are 220 sq ft vs 185 IS on the Glory.

I agree, we were in an OV last week on Glory on deck 2 below the MDR and there was some noise. We have never experienced this on deck 1. I love the size of Carnival's OV cabins - very nice and the window is large.

We sailed the Glory Nov. 2012 in a lower deck inside; it was so small I would gladly have paid extra for the larger outside cabin across the hall. But, the worst was all the hallway noise that comes through the louvre in your cabin door, you can hear even the quite people in the hall. Does anyone know if the upper deck cabins have vents in the cabin entry (hallway) doors?

Archived