Mystery Dinner Theatre - IOTS, Giovanni's Table

I'm thinking of booking this on our 8 night Norway cruise on Indy in May.

I have a couple of questions....

Is it worth it?

It's going to be at 'Giovannis Table' (which will have replaced Portifino's). Will the menu be limited?

What drinks are included?

Any other information would be useful.

I was thinking of booking a meal at Giovannis Table anyway, but might just do the Mystery Dinner Theatre there instead and then do Chops Grill another night. :)

I'm thinking of booking this on our 8 night Norway cruise on Indy in May.

I have a couple of questions....

Is it worth it?

It's going to be at 'Giovannis Table' (which will have replaced Portifino's). Will the menu be limited?

What drinks are included?

Any other information would be useful.

I was thinking of booking a meal at Giovannis Table anyway, but might just do the Mystery Dinner Theatre there instead and then do Chops Grill another night. :)

I've not read an account of the Mystery Dinner at Giovanni's yet. When it was held in Portofino, the menu was limited to to two choice of entrees. For drinks, you could choose from house wines: sparkling, white, rose, and red.

I've not read an account of the Mystery Dinner at Giovanni's yet. When it was held in Portofino, the menu was limited to to two choice of entrees. For drinks, you could choose from house wines: sparkling, white, rose, and red.

Thanks - Did you enjoy it/ think it was worth it?

If the menu is limited, would you say 'Giovannis Table' is worth booking on another night too (as well as Chops?).

Thanks - Did you enjoy it/ think it was worth it?

If the menu is limited, would you say 'Giovannis Table' is worth booking on another night too (as well as Chops?).

It was fun in a campy, overacting type of way. Yes, we had fun. Many people think it is worth it. I'd not do it again unless they changed the wine selection, but that's me. I felt that for $50 per person, we should have been offered a nicer selection of wine.

I'd do both Chops and Giovanni's again because there are many items on the menu we enjoy. Here are the menus:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/chops.pdf

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/giovannis.pdf

Ok.....I've just booked the Mystery Dinner Theatre (Hurrah!)

Now I have another question, this time about 'Chops Grill' (I don't think it warrants a whole new thread, so I'll ask it here)...

Do you think booking 'Chops' for the very last night of our cruise is a good idea?

It's our first cruise....will we miss anything in the MDR if we do this?

I was thinking a nice meal at 'Chops' would be a perfect way to end an 8-night cruise :)

• 2 months later...

drummerdavebmth,

Did you go to the Mystery Dinner Theater in Giovanni's Table during your cruise in May? If so, what was the menu? Can you post it? Or describe it? Was it different than the menu when the Mystery Dinner Theater is in Portofino (antipasto, soup of the day/Caesar salad, filet/shrimp, tiramisu)?

Thanks,

Allison

Archived