Epic Emergency Trip Question: Posh Pass or Spa Pass or BOTH?

dvdkndy

We are on the Epic tomorrow and were curious is we should get the posh pass or spa pass? We are going to get one of them for sure but did not know if we should go ahead and get both. We have one person who sunburns very easy but we would like to get some sun at least for a little bit on seas days.

Is there much of a difference between the Adult Spice H20 and Posh? Just wanting to make the best decision possible for us. Thanks again to all you NCL'ers for all of your help!

You will find plenty of places to get sun on the ship, so Posh isn't required. As you noted, there is Spice H20, plus various sun decks on the ship. The only significant advantages to Posh are the padded chairs and umbrellas.

The Spa is a different story. It's the biggest at sea and amazing. It's also more expensive than Posh.

So, I guess my point is, if you're really about getting into a less crowded sun area with padded seats and umbrellas, go with Posh. If other "sunning" areas are fine, then opt for the Spa.

of course, buying both is always the safest bet. Since Posh is only $50-$60 per person it's not a big investment. Make sure you get your passes quickly though. There aren't many available:

Posh:

1609-vi.jpg

1615-vi.jpg?1363386120

Spice H20:

194-vi.jpg?1363386166

Spa:

spa-vi.jpg

1327-vi.jpg

Had both for 2 different Epic Cruises. I vote spa pass. HOWEVER, they are nowhere near the same price. The Spa pass is $145 per person while I think the Posh pass is $59????

Personally, I think Spice H20 is the best lounge area on Epic. It has a pool (unlike Posh) and has a view of the ocean (unlike Haven pool area).

Posh has a bar but Spice has 2 bars. If Posh had a pool, it would be great. The views from Posh are great and the chairs are awesome But on HOT sunny days, you need a pool to cool off.

Is there any difference in food/complementary snacks with Posh vs Spice H2O? Spice has a small but okay selection of snacks and a buffetline during mid day, we liked that a lot. The sunbathing and cooling off like someone stated above is a big plus. Wondering now if Posh offers anything else, must be.. or not?

Is there any difference in food/complementary snacks with Posh vs Spice H2O? Spice has a small but okay selection of snacks and a buffetline during mid day, we liked that a lot. The sunbathing and cooling off like someone stated above is a big plus. Wondering now if Posh offers anything else, must be.. or not?

Not really. They sometimes offer fruit on a stick but there is a much better fruit buffet that is cut fresh on the main pool deck. So they are about equal with snacks but Spice probably has a better menu for pay items.

Not really. They sometimes offer fruit on a stick but there is a much better fruit buffet that is cut fresh on the main pool deck. So they are about equal with snacks but Spice probably has a better menu for pay items.

Thanks!

The food at Spice is all complementary as far as I recall: The small buffet and the appetizers too, which were waited by the drinkwaiters (a la carte and a few items at a time). At least it was in 2011. ;)

Edit:

Spice H2O

Appetizers are complimentary

Appetizers

Indonesian Chicken Satay - Spicy Peanut Sauce

Beef Empanadas - Creamy Chimichurri Sauce

Thai Stir Fried Pork Curry - Noodles and Vegetables

Spicy Popcorn Chicken - Lemon Chipotle Mayonnaise

Sweet Potato Fries - Key Lime Dip

Spice Grill is mentioned to offer breakfast and lunch on seadays.

Pool-Area-3-7.jpg

I liked having a bar and a grill at Spice, and tables with umbrellas on the upper level. Food is complimentary. Not as extensive as the buffet for sure, but we had great baked chicken and pasta there for lunch.

We are on the Epic tomorrow and were curious is we should get the posh pass or spa pass? We are going to get one of them for sure but did not know if we should go ahead and get both. We have one person who sunburns very easy but we would like to get some sun at least for a little bit on seas days.

Is there much of a difference between the Adult Spice H20 and Posh? Just wanting to make the best decision possible for us. Thanks again to all you NCL'ers for all of your help!

The spa was the only place we didn't felt welcome so I say get a POSH pass and not a spa pass.

I got both, and used both. I am not a big sun person, but loved the umbrellas and the round daybeds for guarding against burns. The spa pass is worth every penny and was the highlight of the cruise for me. Never felt so relaxed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived