Just what are "Mocktails?"

Dame Delilah

This will be our first cruise since I quit drinking (for medical purposes). In the past I bought the soda and coffee cards and purchased my alcohol. I will continue to buy the soda and coffee cards, but now I'm wondering if one of the cards which cover "mocktails" would be a good buy? Just what beverages are covered? What about "virgin Marys" and other drinks without alcohol?

This will be our first cruise since I quit drinking (for medical purposes). In the past I bought the soda and coffee cards and purchased my alcohol. I will continue to buy the soda and coffee cards, but now I'm wondering if one of the cards which cover "mocktails" would be a good buy? Just what beverages are covered? What about "virgin Marys" and other drinks without alcohol?

"Mocktails" are the same as an alcoholic beverage but minus the alcohol. I also can not drink due to medical reasons:(. I bought the "Unlimited Soda and More" package on my Coastal cruise. It was wonderful! I had a few mocktails everyday. I love the one that is like a frozen strawberry daiquiri! There are several different ones. Maybe someone will post a list.

Unlimited Soda & More Package

Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & more Package,† entitling you to the above Unlimited Soda Package plus any mocktails, juices, shakes, floats and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.

Item #2312

$8.05 per person/per day*

My DH has purchased this card and he was able to purchase pretty much any drink that the bar made that could be created without liquor. Search the boards there are several links with detailed descriptions of the drinks people have purchased. They also have a specific menu for these drinks.

You can also enjoy a virgin Pina Colada! Sweet and yummy!

Nojito has a grapefruit base and mint leaves with limes and lemons

(personally prefer Mojitos--but this is still very tasty and refreshing!)

Edited by PrincessNancy

So I asked these question on another thread, but no answer yet that I saw.

When can you buy the card? embarcation, first full day, any day? Is it good the last morning?

Can you get club soda?

Where can you use it? Vines with tapas?

Thanks.

Just got off the Sapphire. We purchased the soda card with an added package that included Mocktails. They are non alcoholic drinks and we loved them, you can have as many as you want and it comes with a nice drinking cup and straw. The bars on deck are the best places to get these made. To buy them without the card they are about $4 each so we figured that if you had 2 a day you were ahead.

Do you have to buy one for every member of your party. Are they bracelets or vouchers?

It is not required for you entire party (whatever you define "party" as). It is individual. And it is a Sticker they put on your Cruise Card.

The package is available on Embarkation day and the day following that according to the signs that were up on those 2 days.

You can get any soda from the soda gun (so this includes Club Soda). Root Beer in cans also is included. Juices also are included.

Vines does not have juice, soda gun, or any other mocktails. So unless others in your party are with you and having wine there, you might not be able to get tapas or sushi. It will also be up to the bartender's discretion as to whether he will go get a mocktail for you from the International Cafe's bar.

The Green Tea Smoothie shown on the menu picture was not on the Mocktail menu page of the bar menu last week on the Caribbean Princess.

They can be purchased right away at your first meal; we did so at Lunch in the MDR and the waiter went to get the refillable insul-cups and stickers.

Horizon Court servers can set you up if you lunch there. Anyone that can bring you a drink charged to your cruise card, really.

Not sure when they stop selling, but the price won't go down and yes it can be used on the last day (when the cruise card accounts are closed out, the sticker is still a sticker ;)).

Juices: any time of day but I doubt the lemonade is made from lemons unless that's how that bartender likes to do it. I'd leave a tip for that kind of effort.

-> Some martinis are dependent on a flavored vodka, so not all 51 types of martinis will be able to be "mocked."

Club soda with lime was my most frequent order, quite refreshing when I was sugared-out and it was too early to start on the hard drinks.

It is not required for you entire party (whatever you define "party" as). It is individual. And it is a Sticker they put on your Cruise Card.

The package is available on Embarkation day and the day following that according to the signs that were up on those 2 days.

You can get any soda from the soda gun (so this includes Club Soda). Root Beer in cans also is included. Juices also are included.

Vines does not have juice, soda gun, or any other mocktails. So unless others in your party are with you and having wine there, you might not be able to get tapas or sushi. It will also be up to the bartender's discretion as to whether he will go get a mocktail for you from the International Cafe's bar.

The Green Tea Smoothie shown on the menu picture was not on the Mocktail menu page of the bar menu last week on the Caribbean Princess.

What does the Green Tea Smoothie consist of?? Do we get those with the coffee card in the IC????? They sound good:D

Thanks for the information about club soda and the mocktails.

What juices are available? Are they available all day? Bloody Mary mix? Lemonade made with lemons?

Thanks.

Standard bar juices are available (those used to make cocktails, so no apple juice, for example). Not sure about Bloody Mary Mix. If this is a concern, I would suggest asking first before buying the package to make sure you can get it.

Was at different bars when lemonade was asked for. The answer always was to go to the buffet for this. So if you want only lemonade, you don't need to buy the mocktail package.

What does the Green Tea Smoothie consist of?? Do we get those with the coffee card in the IC????? They sound good:D
That menu photo is from two years ago. I don't know if they are still available. I believe I have seen other posts stating that the smoothies could not be purchased with the coffee card.

Thanks for the information about club soda and the mocktails.

What juices are available? Are they available all day? Bloody Mary mix? Lemonade made with lemons?

Thanks.

Juices are complementary in the Horizon Court and Dining Room during breakfast. I believe they can be purchased with the soda and more card at lunch or dinner. I don't believe that the lemonade is freshly made with lemons.

Per IEcals cruiser's post about that menu, I just looked at the online description of the Unlimited plus card. It no longer lists smoothies. So has anyone ordered a smoothie recently like in the last 3 months. Where and what was it?

I wonder if I bring a copy of those drinks, a bar tender might try to copy one for me. Yes, I would provide a tip for extra service :)

Thanks.

Edited by happy cruzer

• 11 months later...
They can be purchased right away at your first meal; we did so at Lunch in the MDR and the waiter went to get the refillable insul-cups and stickers.

Horizon Court servers can set you up if you lunch there. Anyone that can bring you a drink charged to your cruise card, really.

Not sure when they stop selling, but the price won't go down and yes it can be used on the last day (when the cruise card accounts are closed out, the sticker is still a sticker ;)).

I didn't know about the refillable insulated cups. Please tell me you don't have to cart that around with you in order to use the drink package! I haven't totally given up alcohol but I really don't drink all that much anymore and this package interests me. I wouldn't do it though if I had to always use some annoying "special" cup.

DH & I purchased the soda and more pkg and loved it. We enjoyed Mocktails of our choice everyday. You do not have to stick with the ones they offer in the beverage menu. They will create whatever you want; virgin mojotos, virgin margaritas, etc.... Very yummy!!!

We never opened our special cups with the straws, as we didn't want to bother with carrying them around or rinsing them out either. But many people were using them.

We brought them home and I figure they'll be a good gift for someone! :)

That package sounds like a winner to me! Only $8.05 (15% included too!) and all the mocktails and sodas you can drink. Like another poster said, it wouldn't take much to make it pay for itself.

I have a question: can you get the mocktails served at your table in the MDR during dinner?

Edited by Oh2B@C
factual adjustment