Single digit dance for our final Carnival cruise

cyntil8ing

That's it. I'm just done.

We've done six Carnival cruises over the past 5 years. We cruise twice per year; once with our children and one with just dh and I.

We loved Camp Carnival and much preferred it over Celebrity.

But we're moving on. Why? Price changes. We booked a last minute Spring Break cruise on the Fantasy on Wednesday. The same night we booked, the price dropped $40. We submitted a 110% price guarantee. Denied. The next night, the price dropped another $80. We submitted again. Again, denied.

Between the price fluctuations and the maintenance issues, I'm just done with Carnival.

I'm sure we'll have a great time next week on the Fantasy, but from now on, we'll be looking elsewhere.

I'm assuming you didn't book Early Saver seeing you just booked a Spring Break cruise and the Early Saver fares are removed 5-6 months before sailing.

The Early Saver is the only fare where you get price protection. No reason to be mad at Carnival!!

I'm assuming you didn't book Early Saver seeing you just booked a Spring Break cruise and the Early Saver fares are removed 5-6 months before sailing.

The Early Saver is the only fare where you get price protection. No reason to be mad at Carnival!!

No, I didn't book early saver. I just booked last week. But Carnival advertises its 110% guarantee that if you find a lower price within 48 hours of booking, it will give you the difference. They didn't.

I've been booking Carnival cruises since 2008. I understand the terms.

Can you cx and rebook with no penalty. Did you book on Carnival's website? Check cruise manager and click on what's the penalty if I cx.

No, I cannot because I paid in full at time of booking. The cruise is next week. I cannot cancel.

No, I cannot because I paid in full at time of booking. The cruise is next week. I cannot cancel.

That stinks..if there was no penalty to cx, you could just turn around and rebook at the lower rate...I booked my May cruise last week and paid in full and it says $0 penalty if I cx now under "manage my cruise" on the website..must be because mine is 2 months out I guess.

I'm sorry you did not get a price drop for your cruise that you just booked. Hope you enjoy your cruise on the Fantasy. We have sailed her in the past and plan to again in December. We love her!

Thanks. We have cruised on the Fantasy before and it was probably our favorite Carnival cruise. Fellow passengers were wonderful and it was a great cruise in 2010. See my sig for links to pics and review.

I'm so disappointed that this has happened.

My husband and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary onboard, so I'm sure we'll have a great time.

Just like with anything else I buy, I buy at a price I'm comfortable with paying. If I can get a better price later, all the better. But I don't go into it expecting a lower price.

That being said, Carnival should certainly abide by their contract - if it bothered me, I would talk to a supervisor about this issue.

I hope you have a great cruise.

If you think carnival is wrong then call them and argue your case. I submitted a price drop in December and was denied. I called and explained how the room available was on the same deck and only 5 rooms forward of ours. I was told to resubmit it with the print screen I saved. Again denied. Called customer service back, argued with a rep, who refused to look at the print screen. I then asked for another rep who took the time to research my request and determined I was right and that not all the reps had received the price drop rate that was only available on carnivals site for less than a day. I received a $300 onboard credit.

Don't be afraid to call and ask for an explanation so you can be better informed on when to submit a price drop the next time.

Thanks. We have cruised on the Fantasy before and it was probably our favorite Carnival cruise. Fellow passengers were wonderful and it was a great cruise in 2010. See my sig for links to pics and review.

I'm so disappointed that this has happened.

My husband and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary onboard, so I'm sure we'll have a great time.

We booked about six weeks out and the price dropped $50 pp but nothing I could do.

We celebrated our 10 year anniversary on board on March 8th.

Hope you have a wonderful, safe trip! We had a great time, but did notice cut backs.

Have a great cruise aboard the Carnival Fantasy! Time to start looking at that next cruise too! Venturing to other lines can be a good thing and you'll have a great cruise in which ever ship and cruise line you choose. What better time than now to try something new.

Happy cruising!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

I would be contacting someone if you are sure the price drop was for the same category cabin.

the 110% is for any booking within 48 hours that the price drops. I would have fought it.

submitted a screen shot.. if I disagree with their denial, I reply to the email and tell them why. Im always right.. they dont really always pay enough attention and make mistakes, dont read what I wrote in the comments, etc.

resubmit it.

maybe last minute booking does not qualify for price drops.

If the OP's price dropped within 48 hours.. thats what the 110% price drop form is for.

OP the only thing I can think of is you booked a gty and had been assigned.. those pack n go rates for instance the price is final. .. even if a lower pack n go comes out the following week, but since these price drops were within 48 hours.. it makes no sense that you just gave up and submitted each one once and said oh well, they said no. I would have replied to the email until they explained why.

I was in the same situation. We booked with the "spring into savings" sale with a decent rate, then less than 24 hours later the same sale dropped $20/pp ($80 total)

I called and (of course after being on hold for 25m) was told I couldn't receive the lower rate. So I didn't even bother continuing my conversation with this rep. I've learned it's easier to just call back and speak to someone else, instead of trying to argue.

The next person I spoke to- says "yes, I see that rate right here. No problem." I hear her click clacking on her computer, and she adjusted the rate.

Why not they ripped him off! Guess it is just business as usual? If not mad at Carnival I guess he should be mad at himself for being a fool and booking?

Archived