Beverage package

Sir James Windsor

Hi folks,

Just a quick couple of questions, off on our cruise in a few weeks time, have looked at the alcoholic beverage package (not premium) the cheaper one we have never had one before as we don't drink allot but everyone seems to think they are great value, it works out at £493 each obviously £986 for the both of us for 15 nights, question 1 would it be cheaper to purchase on board at about $1500 and question 2 how does the 15% service tip operate when you have purchased these packages.

Cheers

I would imagine that there is a proportional distribution of the service fee that is paid to the servers who take each order such that the amount of tip normally received is adjusted appropriately for the value of the drink and the number of drinks that were ordered by that individual from that particular server.

I normally prepay mine so have no information on wether it is cheaper on board.

The 15% is added to the package cost at time of purchase and you will not have to pay for any further gratuity for your bar drinks.

Booking online in British Pounds or paying US dollars onboard will depend on the exchange rate. Based on current exchange rates it looks like the price you're being quoted would be comparable so it's just a matter of deciding whether you want to pay in advance or wait until you're onboard. Personally, I prefer to book in advance as its one less thing to deal with onboard.

I wish we had information on how servers get tipped with the gratuity prepaid. Once you're beyond the $54/day that you've paid the 15% on, are servers not receiving a tip for your drinks?

We do tip extra for servers who take good care of us but I've wondered about this.

The 15% is automatically added whether it is prepaid or not. The packages are the same price onboard as prepaid (unless there is a sale or a promotion). Some people drink for a day or two to see if a package is worth it, as they can be bought during the cruise and it is a per day amount for the rest of the cruise (i.e. buy on day 3 of an 11 day cruise = 8 days worth of package).:D

First time on Celebrity and looking at booking a cruise for next spring. I have questions regarding the drink packages. Trying to decide if the basic package is good enough or should we upgrade to the premium package. Does anyone have a current price list of drinks? We are mainly beer drinkers but enjoy a nice glass of wine with dinner or a frozen drink by the pool on occasion.

First time on Celebrity and looking at booking a cruise for next spring. I have questions regarding the drink packages. Trying to decide if the basic package is good enough or should we upgrade to the premium package. Does anyone have a current price list of drinks? We are mainly beer drinkers but enjoy a nice glass of wine with dinner or a frozen drink by the pool on occasion.

With those drinks, I would go for the classic package.:D

Thanks for the advise on the drinks package, I think will go for having a few days on board and then see how we go, we have 15 days at sea so there is plenty of drinking days left if we choose to purchase, we always tip well even though we have paid all our gratuities up front, must admit it is nice to know that it is included in the package.

Thanks for all your advice it's appreciated

Cheers

Thanks for the advise on the drinks package, I think will go for having a few days on board and then see how we go, we have 15 days at sea so there is plenty of drinking days left if we choose to purchase, we always tip well even though we have paid all our gratuities up front, must admit it is nice to know that it is included in the package.

Thanks for all your advice it's appreciated

Cheers

The prices you have quoted seem to be the ones before the 15% gratuity gets added. You will be charged the 15% over and above that price but that will happen if you pay beforehand or on board.

Archived