Newcastle pre fly / cruise accomodation and parking

HighlandGirlEB

Hi there wasnt sure where to post this so hope got it right :)

Flying out from newcastle to rome in june , flight leaves at 7.45 am. We are driving down from Inverness the day before and need to stay over night and then park the car for a week until we get back.

Does any one who lives in the local area or whom has stayed before have any reconmendations?

Had a few people say to me "oh yeah we stayed at this really good local hotel that gave you free parking" but then cant remember what its called lol :)

Considering the travel lodge to the south of the airport and the airport parking but if any one has any other suggestions would appricate it please

there are 2 hotels on site at Newcastle Airport both offer parking sorry I can't remember the names of them but if you do a search for the airport they are listed the new one is to the side as you drive in the other one which is a lot older is across the short term car park.

Ok just checked the names new one is Doubletree by Hilton the older one is The Britannia both hotels are on site and both offer parking. There is a few other hotels in the vicinity of the airport but not sure if they offer parking. Forgot to mention this is my local airport so glad to be of help

We've stayed at both airport hotels in N/C, and they were fine- no frills, but typical chain hotels with decent rooms and food on site. It's easy to access the airport from them if you have wheeled luggage, although you may prefer a taxi if you are struggling from the slightly further out one, but otherwise they're walkable (you'll see when you get there- across car parks).....there's access to the Metro line from the airport, if you're staying further into town.

Hi there wasnt sure where to post this so hope got it right :)

Flying out from newcastle to rome in june , flight leaves at 7.45 am. We are driving down from Inverness the day before and need to stay over night and then park the car for a week until we get back.

Does any one who lives in the local area or whom has stayed before have any reconmendations?

Had a few people say to me "oh yeah we stayed at this really good local hotel that gave you free parking" but then cant remember what its called lol :)

Considering the travel lodge to the south of the airport and the airport parking but if any one has any other suggestions would appricate it please

Try Premier inn@ airport

good rates.

we use this hotel , much cheaper than Double tree

Thanks for every ones advise.

I booked through a site "holiday extras" and got the hotel for the 3 of us and parking for the 8 days for £78. We are at the Britianna which is 200 yards from the door to the airport.

The reviews for the hotel are not fantastic but heck as long as i get to sleep dont matter, gota be up at 5am anyways :)

Don't worry about the reviews on the Britannia. We have stayed there twice and would stay again if an overnight was needed. It is basic, like most budget airport hotels but clean and the rooms are a decent size. It has a bar and restaurant. It is very easy to walk to the terminal but if you don't want to do that you can take a taxi for £3. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Archived