Cabin televisions

snorkler

Does anyone know if you can plug in the USB cable from your camera into the TV,to show your pictures? Thanks, Elaine

Really hard to say but I'd not count on it. The problem is that not all the TV's are the same model. Yes, most of them are LG brand but different versions. Some have reported easy access to a variety of inputs, though I don't specifically recall USB, while others have said they had no access. Personally we were on the Ryndam a few years ago and the access panel on the back of the TV was blocked by the support bracket HAL had installed to keep the flat screen from falling over during rough seas. But TV's break, things change, upgrades happen etc., so no telling what is the situation is today.

Does anyone know if you can plug in the USB cable from your camera into the TV,to show your pictures? Thanks, Elaine

I used the room where there give computer lessons. Also, if I recall correctly, some folks were using the monitors in the Explorations Cafe to view there photos.

I don't know about USB, but kind of doubt it. But, I have been able to view the pictures and videos, with either the composite video cable or the HDMI cable that came with my camera, on every TV I have ever encountered on a cruise ship.

USB is a computer interface, not really a video interface. Some newer TVs do have USB ports on them, but not many. You will need to use a video cable, composite for standard def and HDMI for high def. Most of it depends on the capabilities of your camera, not the TV.

I got some really good help by emailing ship board services for our cruise.

apparently on some ships you can hook up to the DVD but you need to know what is required.

Worth an email - answers a lot of questions - hopefully the answer you get is right;)

Archived