Would you switch from a Deluxe OV to a Spa Interior

Leo's Rule

I'm taking my mother on a cruise for her B-day. We currently have a Deluxe OV room, but I see that a Spa Interior room will cost the same as my Deluxe OV. This is my first OV cabin and I'm perfectly fine with an Interior room, but lately my mom has been complaining a lot about needing a massage.

Granted, the massages aren't included in the spa rooms, but I'm wondering if the "special pools" would help her. I'm going to get her a massage as well.

Just wondering if you guys would switch? I shouldn't have to pay to switch cabins, right?

Is the cruise with your mom on the Breeze? If so, I would switch. I have severe arthritis in my knees and the thalassotherapy pool made me feel better.

However, if the cruise with your mom is on the Sunshine, I would not. Sunshine is not going to have the thalassotherapy pool or the rainforest shower. They are just going to have the steam rooms, heated loungers and dry heat room. Not worth the upgrade price without the t-pool and rainforest shower, in my opinion.

What's more important to YOU? Access to the thalassotherapy pool, or a larger room with a panoramic window?

Personally, I would pick the larger room with the panoramic window, but that's my personal preference. I'm sure others will say the thalassotherapy pool is worth it...

What's more important to YOU? Access to the thalassotherapy pool, or a larger room with a panoramic window?

Personally, I would pick the larger room with the panoramic window, but that's my personal preference. I'm sure others will say the thalassotherapy pool is worth it...

The Deluxe Ocean view isn't a Panoramic window- it's a regular window. The "Deluxe" part is it has 1.5 bathrooms.

With just two people I wouldn't think the 1.5 baths would be too needed and if it is you can always use the spa showers in a spa cabin.

Is the cruise with your mom on the Breeze? If so, I would switch. I have severe arthritis in my knees and the thalassotherapy pool made me feel better.

However, if the cruise with your mom is on the Sunshine, I would not. Sunshine is not going to have the thalassotherapy pool or the rainforest shower. They are just going to have the steam rooms, heated loungers and dry heat room. Not worth the upgrade price without the t-pool and rainforest shower, in my opinion.

Yes, it will be on the Breeze. I think I'll make the switch for her.

I plan on enjoying myself regardless, but since the cruise is a gift to my mother, it is for her and not for me. I'll probably use it just to see what the hype is all about, but I'm really doing this for my mother. If the Spa Deluxe OV should open up, then I can switch to that at a later date.

Another opinion. We were in a spa interior on the Breeze and yes, the thalassotherapy pool is wonderful. But the interior rooms do not have a sofa to sit on, just the little stool by the desk, which is uncomfortable. If your ocean view has a sofa, that would be a serious consideration for me and maybe for your mom also.

Make sure if you upgrade that you will get the Spa benefits. Sometimes (people have posted this) they deny spa benefits if the spa room is part of an upgrade. You can also add the Spa for her for $150 or both for $250 (I think this is the price). I would love to do a Spa room but until my son is 18 it doesn't make sense because he can't use so I just pay the single rate.

Another opinion. We were in a spa interior on the Breeze and yes, the thalassotherapy pool is wonderful. But the interior rooms do not have a sofa to sit on, just the little stool by the desk, which is uncomfortable. If your ocean view has a sofa, that would be a serious consideration for me and maybe for your mom also.

The sofa isn't important to me, I've only booked Interior rooms in the past. And I'm hardly ever in the room. So, I should be fine, but thanks for the heads up!

Make sure if you upgrade that you will get the Spa benefits. Sometimes (people have posted this) they deny spa benefits if the spa room is part of an upgrade. You can also add the Spa for her for $150 or both for $250 (I think this is the price). I would love to do a Spa room but until my son is 18 it doesn't make sense because he can't use so I just pay the single rate.

The room would be from me switching to it; not from an upgrade because it was cheaper than another rate. But thanks for the heads up on this too! The room is the same price as my current room, and to pay $150 for spa access and the other charges for her massage(s) will be a bit much for me. It would be better to switch.

You don't have to be in a spa room to get the package, you just sign up for it, on the first day in the spa, and you can use all the same facilitities all week. We have done both. The spa rooms really aren't very special. Just closer to the Spa. The thing about priority appointments doesn't seem to be very evident either.

Almost platinum.

Archived