need transfer from Nice airport to port of Monaco

lamwinn

We used http://www.friend-in-france.com. It isn't cheap, but nothing is on the Riviera. It will probably be about 100-120euros. They have a website that you can get a quote from. The other way is bus or train, much cheaper but harder work. If you Google it you will get advice. We prefer the transfer as it is door to door with help with luggage.

Train is the ideal way to travel to Monaco. You can travel on a comfortable train from nearby Nice in less than 20 minutes.

All trains arrive at Monaco-Monte Carlo Station, which is around half a mile (1km) from the centre of Monte Carlo.

get more info here: http://en.nice.aeroport.fr/Passengers/DIRECTIONS-PARKING/Public-transports/Trains

Actually, you do not have to go to Nice for the train since there is a station located just adjacent to the airport (Nice Cote d'Azur Airport). Once you arrive at the Monte Carlo train station you can just grab a taxi to the port. Keep in mind that you would need to be able to handle your luggage getting to, on and off the train.

Hank

Hank, thanks again for the info. I guess it must be pretty easy in reverse then? I get off Quest on Weds 10th and need to get to Nice Airport late in the day so plan on pottering around Monaco for a while, then getting the train to the airport.

I could not find the airport station on the website, but it seems easy enough to get to Nice-Ville.

Me thinks its a good idea to expand my post about the train station near the airport. In the interest of honestly I am pulling this info from an older post. The Airport train station is actually not at the airport, but it is nearby and can be walked if you can handle your luggage. Here is the walking info to the closest station which is called St Augustine:

From Terminal 1 :

- Exit at arrivals, Gate A1.- Cross along the pedestrian way towards "Arénas", under the RN98 bridge (Passage de la Caravelle).

- Cross Av. Lindbergh and turn left (Lycée hôtelier Paul Augier).

- Turn right (Bd. René Cassin), to the traffic light.

- Cross to the left, under the SNCF railway bridge (Route de Grenoble), then turn right (Av. Edouard Grinda).

Its a very small station frequently deserted and often unstaffed - tickets only from machines - about a half mile 15 minute walk , as long as you don't get lost - the signposting is non-existent. If your flight is Terminal Two, you can shuttle between T1 and T2, but the extra hassle means its not a good way to reach Terminal 2 - not a practical journey on foot.

So, what if you do not want to walk? Well, we think the best low cost option is to take the Express #99 bus which does have luggage racks. This bus takes about 20 min but will take you directly to the main Nice Train Station which gives you access to all the trains. The #99 leaves the airport every 30 min.

Hank

Archived