Jewel Review March 10, 2013

aprylstar

Thank you for your informative review April :D

Going on my first NCL cruise on the Jewel in a few weeks time and this has helped put a few things in perspective.

Good to hear I will get used to the colour scheme in a few days ;)

I am fairly certain they are for both. Tsars & Azuras had slightly different static menus, but the daily menus were the same. We only dined in Tsars, but we did check out the Azura menu twice & (Kung Pao Day & Louisiana Filet & Shrimp day) and menus were the same at both.

Thanks for the info!

for sharing your adventure. Loved reading your review and your pictures were gorgeous. Your son looked like he was having an awesome time. I noticed your son's jacket logo said Welland Football. We currently live in the Kansas City area but are from Grimsby, Ontario. Still go back to visit family several times a year.

Thanks again for your wonderful review.

Cdn in KS

• 1 month later...

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences onboard! We are sailing on the Jewel in October out of New Orleans. This will be our 11th cruise, but our first on NCL so I was glad to read all the details and see the photos. I appreciate you taking the time to post all of this!

Janet, Moira, researchlady, nyjjim, amber, Wendy, Bilge Rats, cruise clues, smalltownmamawa - cheers! I'm glad you enjoyed the review & that I was able to provide some insight for all of you :)

Cdn in KS - Small world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are only 30 minutes or so from Grimsby. Great eye :) My son LOVES playing Tigercat football!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for your review! It seems detailed pictorial reviews are not nearly as common on the NCL board as they are on the Carnival and Royal boards.

We are taking our first NCL cruise this winter on the Jewel out of New Orleans. I am excited about trying a new cruiseline. In reading your review and looking at the dallies, it looks like the entertainment on the Jewel may be a big plus for us!

Thanks! That's exactly why I did this one!!! You will have so much fun! We are planning a cruise out of New Orleans for Feb 2015 (Superbowl Sunday!). Trying to decide between RC & Carnival. I will have my 13 year old son with me, so although I want to try RC, I think the Dream would be a better ship for him..... Plus the Dream is going to 3 new ports (for me) the week we are looking at. I'll have to pull up your Dream review & check it out. Cheers & happy planning!

Thanks for your review! It seems detailed pictorial reviews are not nearly as common on the NCL board as they are on the Carnival and Royal boards.

We are taking our first NCL cruise this winter on the Jewel out of New Orleans. I am excited about trying a new cruiseline. In reading your review and looking at the dallies, it looks like the entertainment on the Jewel may be a big plus for us!

Aprylstar,

thank you very much for this great review!!

My DH and I will going on our 1st NCl cruise on the Jewel March 2014. This review answered a lot of our questions !

Thank you again for taking the time to do the review and put on menu and dallies!!

enjoy your next cruise whatever ship you will go on:)

Kathy

Really enjoyed your review. So much good information. We are 1st time NCL cruisers going out of NOLA in November and all your info has been so helpful. Loved the menus and the daily news letters. Your pics were great too. Thanks for posting!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Thanks for all the great info! :)

Norwegian talks about offering "first-run" movies onboard, but I only saw on movie listed in the 7 days on the Daily Guides. Did they show movies anywhere in the bars, stardust, etc that you were aware of?

Thanks! I don't remember them showing them anywhere but my son did watch a few in the room when he had down time. I remember they played Wreck it Ralph which was fairly new at the time. We definitely missed movies under the stars and can't wait for our cruise the Grandeur next week! That being said we were never bored on the Jewel. We loved it as you can tell from the review! LOL

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

We just came back from our March Break cruise on the Breakaway and we were thinking about you guys... A would love that ship!

Awesome ! I'm glad hear had a great time! I would love to go on the breakaway one day! We are leaving on the Grandeur next week. Ayden needed surgery this fall so he didn't want to miss anymore hockey otherwise we would have been looking to sail during March break again. 2015 we booked a super bowl cruise with my parents. Maybe we'll see you March break 2016 if you are cruising!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app