Can I bypass TA and speak directly to CCL?

maytojuly

Think the answer might be no, but hoping others may have had some luck!

I've booked in the UK through a TA rather than Carnvial direct (have previously booked direct). Prices have dropped on my cruise and I'd like to upgrade from inside to balcony for the smallest amount! The difference between my original price and the price of a balcony now is only £30 when I make a dummy booking.When I phoned my TA, she phoned Carnival and the cost was going to be £280!! Is there anything else I can do??? Could I speak to Carnival direct, or will they make me go through my TA? Thanks for any advice :)

I've booked in the UK through a TA rather than Carnvial direct (have previously booked direct). Prices have dropped on my cruise and I'd like to upgrade from inside to balcony for the smallest amount! The difference between my original price and the price of a balcony now is only £30 when I make a dummy booking.When I phoned my TA, she phoned Carnival and the cost was going to be £280!! Is there anything else I can do??? Could I speak to Carnival direct, or will they make me go through my TA? Thanks for any advice :)

Unfortunately, no :(

Sorry......but when you book with a TA "they" own your booking, not the cruiseline. I don't believe any of them will help a customer who is booked through a travel agent.

You could call and verify with Carnival that what you are inputting is valid and exactly what the agent needs to ask for from Carnival to upgrade you. I think that is what I would do at this point.

Are you phoning Carnival UK? I have found they will talk to but won't change anything unless the TA speaks to them. Even though my booking is in dollars it has been booked through the .co.uk site by my TA. There is not as much flexibility as booking with .com. I will never again book via a TA, I will book direct with .com in the future.

If you haven't already try phoning the UK site.

Thanks for all who replied.:)

Thought this may be of use to others.

I phoned Carnival direct and was told that as I had a TA that I should go through her. After 5 mins. of my wearing her down (past guest, normally book through Carnival, etc, etc,) she agreed to look into things for me and phone me back.

After 10 mins my TA phoned and said she was on the phone to Carnival and they could upgrade me to a balcony for the total sum of £32! A bit of a difference from £280 literally days ago. I am so chuffed. Not quite sure how the change of heart came about (or if commission has been lost), but it just shows that it's worth a try.;)

I phoned Carnival direct and was told that as I had a TA that I should go through her. After 5 mins. of my wearing her down (past guest, normally book through Carnival, etc, etc,) she agreed to look into things for me and phone me back.

After 10 mins my TA phoned and said she was on the phone to Carnival and they could upgrade me to a balcony for the total sum of £32! A bit of a difference from £280 literally days ago. I am so chuffed. Not quite sure how the change of heart came about (or if commission has been lost), but it just shows that it's worth a try.;)

When you phoned Carnival did you talk to .co.uk or .com?

Glad it worked out for you but a question.

Chuffed? Never heard that before

Well done. I've had problems too. Eventually managed to get a price reduction. The truth of this matter is that Brits should never ever book with a UK TA because they book with Carnival UK, who don't offer Early Saver. All of us Brits need to book ourselves, or us a PVP or get a US TA otherwise we get ripped off. Just like with everything else in the UK.

I too was quoted over £200 to upgrade to a Spa Balcony, so I didn't bother. If there's still one available nearer final payment I might try again. Thanks for the helpful post.

OOh, must be an English thing then :) Sometimes I'd say - I'm chuffed to bits - just means really pleased, is there an equally obscure American version of this saying? ;)

I would say tickled pink. I'm sure there are plenty of others. Congrats on getting your issue resolved.:)

Glad it worked out. Enjoy the balcony! :)

Archived