Silhouette Embarkation Lunch...Bistro or Porch?

Wonders10

We thought Bistro On Five was good but not an hour wait good. :)

Well, first of all, I detest buffets, and on embarkation, with the hordes trying to get their first taste of 'free food':eek::eek:. No way!!

As it turned out, we went down to the Martini Bar to wait and have a place to set down our carry-ons. Met the two greatest guys there, from London, and ended up being friends for the whole cruise and later seeing them when we got to London. So it all worked out!

Now those two. . .had the beverage package, and man did they make it work for them--I'm surprised any gin was left on the ship when we arrived!

Well, first of all, I detest buffets, and on embarkation, with the hordes trying to get their first taste of 'free food':eek::eek:. No way!!

As it turned out, we went down to the Martini Bar to wait and have a place to set down our carry-ons. Met the two greatest guys there, from London, and ended up being friends for the whole cruise and later seeing them when we got to London. So it all worked out!

Now those two. . .had the beverage package, and man did they make it work for them--I'm surprised any gin was left on the ship when we arrived!

I agree about buffets. We did it on the Reflection mid week and it was better than I thought. I wish the Eclipse had The Porch. That was a nice experience.:)

I agree about buffets. We did it on the Reflection mid week and it was better than I thought. I wish the Eclipse had The Porch. That was a nice experience.:)

That's what I'm hoping for our TA leaving from FLL three weeks from tomorrow. If the weather is nice (unlike last year:() the Porch seems like a great option. We'll have plenty of time to eat at Bistro!

That's what I'm hoping for our TA leaving from FLL three weeks from tomorrow. If the weather is nice (unlike last year:() the Porch seems like a great option. We'll have plenty of time to eat at Bistro!

What is the surcharge for lunch on the Porch?

DH really tries to avoid buffets although on a cruise ship he makes the exception. He really prefers a sit down restaurant so when we went on our Summit cruise we headed to Bistro on 5 and really enjoyed it. Since we were early on the ship only 1 or 2 tables were occupied when we got there. We had a lovely meal and just as we were ready to explore they announced the cabins ready. We loved the food and loved the lack of crush of people. By the time we left the place had filled up nicely.

On our next Reflection cruise we'll either do Bistro or the Porch. We're going to let the weather decide. If it's nice and warm and sunny, it's the Porch. Cold or rainy it's Bistro. Miami in November is a tossup so we'll let the weatherman decide.

Either way we'll probably get to both during the week.

Archived