Silhouette Embarkation Lunch...Bistro or Porch?

Wonders10

Hi everyone!

We are thinking of doing a sit down lunch when we embark the Silhouette on Sunday. We've eaten at Bistro on 5 and it was good, but wondering where would you choose? Bistro on 5 or The Porch? And to take it a step further...what would your order?

We always do the Bistro on5 such a nice way to. Start the cruise. If the weather is nice you could try the porch, we never tried it since the menu did not offer much.

The nutella desert crepe is sooo yummy!

Bev

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

Personally, we were so happy to get on the ship, we didn't want to stay inside! The Porch was nearly empty, and the salads and sandwiches were fine for our group. I don't remember what we ordered, truth be told! Enjoy.

Cowboy + French--every time!!!

When we board for the TA next month, if the weather is nice (awful last year) we will do the Porch. One reason is because last year Bistro was JAMMED and the maitre d' was going nuts! I think lots of TA'ers know what's good!

Cowboy + French--every time!!!

When we board for the TA next month, if the weather is nice (awful last year) we will do the Porch. One reason is because last year Bistro was JAMMED and the maitre d' was going nuts! I think lots of TA'ers know what's good!

We tried the porch on a sea day and it was great! The maitre'd was fabulous ( he is from Poland). He is also in charge of the lawn grill. Great choice of grilled sandwiches, salads, soups. (Pesto chicken was my choice)

Joanne

We will be on the Summit (again and again) in August. Has any one had the problem of the elevator operator not allowing stops on deck 5 to eat in Bistro. She said that it wasn't opened.

We finally walked down and had a lovely meal, but because I had hip surgery recently it was an ordeal for me.

We tried both Bistro On Five and The Porch on the Reflection and I much prefer The Porch. We chose The Porch for the day of embarkation. most had not yet discovered it and it was very nice. It was great sitting outside. I thought that the soup and Italian panini was very good.

Aqua Spa Cafe for us. We always get the watermelon and feta salad, along with anything else that looks good. It never seems to be crowded at embarkation no matter which ship we are on. Plus it's free.

We just love the Aqua Spa Cafe on embarkation day and everyday for both breakfast and lunch, more so on the M-Class because it is larger, and there is more seating. The poached salmon we had on our last cruise was awesome. We hope everyone goes to the Bistro and the Buffet. :rolleyes:

We will be on the Summit (again and again) in August. Has any one had the problem of the elevator operator not allowing stops on deck 5 to eat in Bistro. She said that it wasn't opened.

We finally walked down and had a lovely meal, but because I had hip surgery recently it was an ordeal for me.

What elevator operator??? I've never seen an elevator operator on Celebrity.

What elevator operator??? I've never seen an elevator operator on Celebrity.

Yes, on initial embarkation they have an elevator operator with a special key to bypass all the other floors and haul people from Deck 2 up to the buffet area and then directly back down to Deck 2 to pick up other embark pax. On the M-Class, the ones up forward and back aft were free range, and on the S-Class, the ones up forward and some of the ones back aft were free range.

We are looking forward to our first trip on an S class and checking out the porch as we have opportunity (upcoming in June). So far we have only been on M class and we always head for Bistro on 5 as soon as we board. Nice relaxing lunch - never crowded and great food and great service.

Bistro was my favorite food on my Silhouette cruise. I ate there 7 times. One time I ate there twice in one day. It was always quiet, the food simple and delicious. The service was attentive. It has a $5 surcharge and I tipped $5 each time. My favorite items were the Chicken Bouillon soup, the chef salad with blue cheese dressing, and the Cowboy Crepe. I prefer savory to sweet crepes so I never had the sweet ones. Olga, Kristjan, Shane, and Alexandra were all really pleasant.

I will note something I experienced. I specifically wanted Bistro for lunch on embarkation day. It would just be easier for us. When I went to there there were 3 tables with a couple at each. Upon speaking to the host (one of the assistant managers) I was advised that Bistro was reserved for back to back guests only and he could not seat us until an hour later. I'd never heard this before and I was somewhat upset about this because we were really looking forward to it. He said they were expecting possibly 40 b2b guests but at the time there were only 6 people dining. I expressed my disappointment with this and headed off. He ended up finding us in the elevator queue and telling us he spoke to a manager and was allowed to seat us.

We were in Bistro for over an hour just chatting and enjoying our meal. No one ever came in after us.

I'm grateful he came to check on us because it was really the most pleasant dining we experienced in the ship.

We always go to Bistro on 5, but if the weather is good on our next Eclipse cruise we might try the Porch. Did I say that we are sailing from Southampton? :):)

Check out the Aqua Spa Cafe. Grilled or poached Salmon, grilled tuna and chicken are all wonderful. All made to order.

I've said this before but here goes: when we arrived on Eclipse for our TA last spring, Bistro was jam packed and the maître d' was ballistic. He kept pleading with the long line of passengers to 'go to the buffet--it's open!' Well obviously we all knew that, but didn't WANT to go to the buffet! He finally got around to taking names. We were able to get seated about an hour later--crazy!

I've said this before but here goes: when we arrived on Eclipse for our TA last spring, Bistro was jam packed and the maître d' was ballistic. He kept pleading with the long line of passengers to 'go to the buffet--it's open!' Well obviously we all knew that, but didn't WANT to go to the buffet! He finally got around to taking names. We were able to get seated about an hour later--crazy!

We thought Bistro On Five was good but not an hour wait good. :)

Archived