Some random questions! Sailing on 4-13-13!

Fluffy62

I just thought of a few questions and figured I better post them before I forget them!

We have a suite on April 13th and April 20th. Is it true that they have discontinued the Internet package for suites?

Also, I read that there is a $12 per person per day charge for suites for the stewards? Is this true?

Lastly....kind of an off subject......we want to take a carry on the plane so we don't have to pay a third checked luggage fee. We already will have two large bags to check! Our bag measures 24" high, 15" across and 9" wide. Will this be ok to take on the plane? We're flying U.S. Air.

Thanks everyone!

I just thought of a few questions and figured I better post them before I forget them!

We have a suite on April 13th and April 20th. Is it true that they have discontinued the Internet package for suites?

Also, I read that there is a $12 per person per day charge for suites for the stewards? Is this true?

Lastly....kind of an off subject......we want to take a carry on the plane so we don't have to pay a third checked luggage fee. We already will have two large bags to check! Our bag measures 24" high, 15" across and 9" wide. Will this be ok to take on the plane? We're flying U.S. Air.

Thanks everyone!

Yes, they have discontinued free internet for suites, but if you are Platinum or above (with Princess) you will still have free internet minutes.

Yes, $12/day for gratuity, but that is only $0.50 cents more than a balcony. The room stewards do an excellent job and I will give them more than that. Remember, the suite is almost twice as large as any cabin.

The 24 inches seems a little on the large size for a carry on. I would check with US Air to see what their dimensions are.

You will enjoy the suite. How can you go wrong: Sabatini's for breakfast, and Chocolate Strawberries at night.

Renee

Unlimited internet was discontinued as a suite perk the middle of last year. After complaints, they grandfathered the benefit for those who had booked a suite before the middle of June. If you booked before then, you should contact Princess.
Princess charges a daily hotel charge (gratuity) for all cabins. The rate is $11.50/person/day for insides, oceanviews and balconies and $12.00/person/day for mini-suites and suites. This amount is split between many people responsible for taking care of you including room stewards, dining room staff and those behind the scenes that support them.

•Up to 45 in/115 cm

(14 x 9 x 22 in or 36 x 23 x 56 cm)

I have seen small metal frames in some airports that they make you put the carry on in, if it doesn't go in....it gets checked and charged....

Me thinks you have to down size..maybe two smaller carry-ons...

Bernadette

The rate is $11.50/person/day for insides, oceanviews and balconies and $12.00/person/day for mini-suites and suites. This amount is split between many people responsible for taking care of you including room stewards, dining room staff and those behind the scenes that support them.
It also includes all of the waitstaff in the buffet who set the tables, take drink orders, will get you anything and then clean your table when you leave.

If you choose to remove the $12/pp/day and tip directly, which you can, anything you tip to anyone is turned in and goes into the tipping pool. They are not allowed to keep it unless you leave the $12 on. When you think of all the service you receive on a ship, $12/pp/day is very reasonable.

It also includes all of the waitstaff in the buffet who set the tables, take drink orders, will get you anything and then clean your table when you leave.
Pam, Thanks for expanding the list. The tip pool is shared by so many people that I didn't know know where to stop ;)

Pam, Thanks for expanding the list. The tip pool is shared by so many people that I didn't know know where to stop ;)
I know. And most people aren't aware that there are others who help the cabin stewards by picking up trash, refreshing carts, etc. The $12 also includes room service.

Thanks everyone for the responses. You guys are awesome! Looks like we'll have to check our bag.....bummer....just a couple inches too big! I just bought it so I "have" to use it! As far as the $12 daily suite charge, it's well worth it! Especially considering all the people it covers. And for the Internet...we will be platinum on the 2nd leg of our cruise so we will get the Internet minutes. Maybe our friends who are also platinum will lend us their Internet minutes for the 1st week!

You might be better off to return that third larger case. Take two small carry ons or bags instead. Thatway you'd have a few things with you as soon as you get to ship as your luggage won't be delivered right away. Not to mention it is always good to have a change of clothes, valuables, etc in a carry on.

we will be platinum on the 2nd leg of our cruise so we will get the Internet minutes.

The cruise card and other platinum benefits may not be set up for platinum by the end of the first segment as the computers will not show the first segment cruise as having been completed yet.

Check with the Captain's Circle rep during the first segment to make sure things will be set up for you properly for the 2nd segment.

•Up to 45 in/115 cm

(14 x 9 x 22 in or 36 x 23 x 56 cm)

I have seen small metal frames in some airports that they make you put the carry on in, if it doesn't go in....it gets checked and charged....

Me thinks you have to down size..maybe two smaller carry-ons...

Bernadette

Early in our travel adventures, I could never seem to find a carry-on bag that fit my needs. I tried several different variations, but the size of the bags, various differences in aircraft overhead space, carrier rules, etc., just couldn't find one that fit the bill. Then I came across the High Sierra A.T. GO, and it is the best carry on bag I've ever seen. It is actually two parts, a carry on suitcase with a small knapsack that zips on and off. Once onboard, I unzip the knapsack portion to put under the seat and pack it with the items I might need to use in flight. The suitcase part (meets carrier limits) fits nicely in the overhead bin and I can put my 14" laptop, camera, lenses and a change of clothing it it with no problem. When the flight lands, I simply zip the knapsack back on to the bag and off we go. Once I had a gate agent tell me it was to big (when zipped together). I simply zipped off the small knapsack, said it was my personal item, and walked right on board. Here are a couple of pictures.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Archived