Ruby itinerary 3/24-3/31

pete102397

Does anyone know for CERTAIN if the Ruby Princess itinerary will revert back to a normal schedule for next week? or will it include Nassau as a replacement for Grand Turk?

We would prefer to know this now, rather than when we board on Sunday, as we're trying to align port day activities with family and friends from other ships.

No reason to speculate on how long Grand Turk is going to be closed for

Does anyone know for CERTAIN if the Ruby Princess itinerary will revert back to a normal schedule for next week? or will it include Nassau as a replacement for Grand Turk?

We would prefer to know this now, rather than when we board on Sunday, as we're trying to align port day activities with family and friends from other ships.

No reason to speculate on how long Grand Turk is going to be closed for

You may want to check in with the role call for this trip they be on top of what changes might be.

I'm sailing on the 7 April with Ruby Princess and was wondering the same. I posted the question on FB and Princess responded with the following information.

The current Ruby Princess cruise will not call to Grand Turk and will instead visit Nassau. At this time your cruise itinerary has not been changed, but if there are any changes we will be sure to let you know.

So, I guess its a day by day thing.

I wonder if they're going to rearrange the entire itinerary as they did with this week's sailing.

I too am boarding this Sunday and have a private tour scheduled on St. Maarten next Wednesday. I hope I'm able to rearrange it should they change the port days.

I read on SeaTrade Insider yesterday that all calls to Grand Turk by all cruise lines have been cancelled due to some traceable food borne-illness issues. I think the season is over for Gran Turk. Sorry.
Correct. From what I understand, Carnival noticed a significant increase in gastro-intestinal illnesses after stops in Grand Turk. It was significant enough that it raised a big red flag. Until the source is identified or the number of illnesses on Grand Turk decreases in a big way, cruise ships aren't taking a chance of passengers getting sick. I know I wouldn't want to take the chance.

In order to change ports, often the itinerary needs to be modified, usually due to docking and tendering operatings. If a dock isn't available the day the ship wants to go there, it has to change plans.

A reputable independent shore excursion company will adjust to the changes and modify the tour accordingly. They may not be able to accommodate you on the new date if they have a finite number of resources.

According to the port of Grand Turk website, it appears that the Ruby will not be going to Grand Turk on the 7th either.

http://www.grandturkcc.com/Port-Schedule.aspx

Sorry I take that back.. as of now it will be there (you have to go to the next month, the page is deceiving, , but this is a good site to watch for the next few weeks..

Also, if you notice a $13 shipboard credit / port fee credit, I would be suspect.

According to the port of Grand Turk website, it appears that the Ruby will not be going to Grand Turk on the 7th either.

http://www.grandturkcc.com/Port-Schedule.aspx

Sorry I take that back.. as of now it will be there (you have to go to the next month, the page is deceiving, , but this is a good site to watch for the next few weeks..

Also, if you notice a $13 shipboard credit / port fee credit, I would be suspect.

The $13 credit would be offset by the Nassau port fee.

Archived