Anything new on Grand Turk??

FSU_FAB

My travel agent and everyone at Carnival who I have spoken to are telling me that Grand Turk is still ago for the Breeze on Mar 26th.

Anyone hearing anything any different? As far as I know no ships are going there this week.

Thanks!!

Same here...if in fact the folks getting sick are getting sick becuase of food/water, I say we go there and just warn everyone. I have no plans whatsoever of eating on GT, I just want to do a little snorkeling off the shore and check out the beach.

If its airbourne then we should skip that stop for sure.

I just did a search on Google for the latest news, but the information posted is at least 3 or 4 days old. If you go here:

http://www.grandturkcc.com/Port-Schedule.aspx

and click on "Port Schedule" it does show the Breeze scheduled to dock on the 26th, but I wonder if the schedule was posted before the port was closed and just han't been updated? Might be worth a phone call to Carnival to find out for sure.

I emailed the port of GT yesterday. Said they'd reply within 48 hrs. Nothing yet. (I really don't expect a response.) As only a small percentage of cruisers are on these boards, I would think most know nothing of the recent port closure, illness, noro, etc. If we do stop there Tuesday (Breeze) I would be cautious of what you ingest on the island. Myself - I am using it as a "sea day" on the ship - but then again, I have been to GT around 7 times. I would think most people will innocently get off the ship and have drinks, food, etc. while on the island. Unfortunately, this is our first stop, so that gives plenty of time for any illness to be passed around to everyone else on the ship!:eek:

If it from ingestion, it wont get passed around unless Carnival takes on water there.

Actually, if people don't wash their hands it WILL be passed around. I can't tell you how many people I see go to the public restroom and walk from their stall directly out the door. Disgusting!

From John Heald's FB page this morning.

"Hi John

I know everyone keeps asking about Grand Turk, we are suppose to be there on 3/25 on the Freedom .... Any word yet if we are going there or somewhere else????? ....

John Heald: no news yet but I will confirm in the next 48 hours what will happen .... and post something here on FB. I am sure you will have a brilliant time. cheers"

Archived