Removing Unlimited Passport Collection Package?

corpkid

A while ago I was adding excursions to our shopping cart to save for later (we had not purchased yet). We have decided to do more non-cruise based tours for our cruise, so I went in to clear out the excursions from our cart. I was able to remove all of them except the Unlimited Passport Collection Package... There doesn't seem to be an option to pull these from your cart.

This is a problem as I DO want to book 2 ship-sponsored excursions, but I can't get rid of these two Unlimited Passport Collection Packages, and they are $1099 EACH! Would I need to call Oceania to do this or am I missing something glaringly obvious? :)

THANK YOU!

Thanks - I called Oceania and basically it's a "known glitch" in their system. If you add one of the packages (e.g. Unlimited Passport Collection Package, etc.) it essentially is stuck in your online cart. They don't even see it at the call center. If I try to proceed with payment, I'll end up paying for those unwanted Passport Collections.

The solution is to manually book your excursions with the call center on the phone. Lesson learned: Don't add passport packages online if you think you may want to remove them from your cart at a later day, at least until they fix this. (I only added this to see the price savings on all the excursions).

That would explain why that's in my cart. It's always interesting to see some of the "features" cruise lines have on their websites.

No kidding. I'm a project manager of online "stuff" for a big timeshare company and this honestly would not pass user acceptance testing. Oftentimes, it has to do with "but that will take 5 months to fix" so they do some type of workaround and you have this kind of situation - and those situations tend to hang around for a long time once they are implemented... Not on my watch however! :p

Another strange feature of the Oceania website is that I can't pay for my children's excursions directly as they are not in my cabin. I was told when I called Oceania to go on their booking - but that means knowing their passwords blah blah and then add excursions - except that would mean the charges go on THEIR Visa which defeats the whole purpose! My TA has to make the bookings for them and her comment "Oh for heaven's sake."

Of course other cruise lines have a way to give a gift of an excursion or a spa treatment on their websites without all this hoohah.

You could always just give them an OBC & they can book their excursions with that

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/bonvoyage/default.aspx

Good idea but I was trying to bypass their doing anything. With their work schedules its easier for me (retired) to do it and I enjoy playing "travel agent." Plus I can put us all on the same excursion easily - after making sure they want that one. No back and forth, in other words.

Archived