Where is QM2?

turquoise 6

Update emails from Cunard UK and TA...QM2 expected to arrive Hamburg 1400 Thurs...requested to not check-in before 1800...est. departure 0100 Friday:(...expected to arrive Southampton on time Saturday morning. ;)

Update emails from Cunard UK and TA...QM2 expected to arrive Hamburg 1400 Thurs...requested to not check-in before 1800...est. departure 0100 Friday:(...expected to arrive Southampton on time Saturday morning. ;)

Hi. Interesting. Thank you for the update of where QM2 is.

Is the day because of the Pods?

Are you on board the QM2?

Hi. Interesting. Thank you for the update of where QM2 is.

Is the day because of the Pods?

Are you on board the QM2?

Awaiting QM2 in Hamburg for return crossing to NY. Cunard email only mentions "poor weather conditions at the entrance to the river Elbe"...nothing about pods. We have been here six days, and the weather has been cold and very rainy every day. Very disappointed because we came here to embark because of the famous Hamburg sailaway....:(

We'll be at the harbor to watch the river arrival, then return to the hotel to retrieve luggage...

Awaiting QM2 in Hamburg for return crossing to NY. Cunard email only mentions "poor weather conditions at the entrance to the river Elbe"...nothing about pods. We have been here six days, and the weather has been cold and very rainy every day. Very disappointed because we came here to embark because of the famous Hamburg sailaway....:( We'll be at the harbor to watch the river arrival, then return to the hotel to retrieve luggage...

Thank you for the update re: weather and pods.

So sorry to read about the cold and rain :( .

Yes, the Hamburg sailaway is something special: it wouldn't surprise me, but many in the city will stay up to see QM2 sail from Hamburg despite the late hour, certainly many on board will do so.

Have a great time regardless, enjoy QM2 as she speeds to Southampton :) .

Edited by pepperrn

Awaiting QM2 in Hamburg for return crossing to NY. Cunard email only mentions "poor weather conditions at the entrance to the river Elbe"...nothing about pods. We have been here six days, and the weather has been cold and very rainy every day. Very disappointed because we came here to embark because of the famous Hamburg sailaway....:(

We'll be at the harbor to watch the river arrival, then return to the hotel to retrieve luggage...

Hi vtbobby. Sorry about the bad weather and the change in embarkation. BTW, there is an information page regarding change in the Hamburg schedule on the Cunard German website - see http://www.cunard.de/faq/WI/

Hope you have a good voyage home. BTW, if you learn anything about the Stars at Sea special QM2 cruise from Hamburg next November, please share with us :) Thanks & Bon Voyage! Regards, -Salacia

• 2 weeks later...
The Queen Mary 2 is Arriving in Brooklyn , NY:)

Yes, and how nice that the weather is cooperating. May be a tad toasty later in the day, but the forecast does not show stormy weather.:)

Edited by Salacia

If I can only go one way, which is best - NYC to Southhampton or reverse?:confused:

I would recommend to sail from Southampton as you then experience sailing into New York harbour plus you will get five 25 hour days during your trip. However the back to back trip is best. :)

Edited by capnpugwash

I would recommend to sail from Southampton as you then experience sailing into New York harbour plus you will get five 25 hour days during your trip. However the back to back trip is best. :)

And you are the expert in those cap'n. :)

Hello Cap'n

I agree with you that the the sailing from Southampton is great in that one gets the extra hours. I also prefer the back to back.

T:)

Thanks for posting the QM2 sailing from NY harbor yesterday. We disembarked yesterday morning. However, one couple, that are some of our best friends from the UK surprised us by making the crossing with us, and they were doing a B2B with about 90 others. Lucky them!!:D

Rick

Thanks for posting the QM2 sailing from NY harbor yesterday. We disembarked yesterday morning. However, one couple, that are some of our best friends from the UK surprised us by making the crossing with us, and they were doing a B2B with about 90 others. Lucky them!!:D

Rick

unfortunately there are no Back to Back from

Brooklyn New York for many years to come

Why not a stop in Bermuda on the TA voyage ?:cool:

I last sailed on Easter March 31,2013

RMS Queen Elizabeth , NY to Southampton

I must have missed the Queen Elizabeth being awarded "RMS". I have always been told that even QM2 doesn't really carry more than a few token letters a year to keep her "RMS". Do you know when this started? Did they announce it on board during your crossing?

Thanks for the update, most interesting: well, who'd have guessed! Thank you.

Best wishes.

Edited by pepperrn