Laundry prices if not Elite

Cruisernewbie44

We are new to cruising and are trying to figure out how much to pack. Does anyone have a price list for the laundry on the Millenium? I have done a search and cannot find any threads that discuss this past 2010, when apparently Celebrity posted this info on their website. It is not there now.

Fran

From another thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1569036

Laundry

suit --- 12.95

jacket -- 5.95

pants -- 4.95

long sleeved shirt -- 4.95

short sleeved shirt --- 3.95

sweater --- 4.95

shorts --- 3.95

dress -- 7.95

skirt --- 4.95

pajamas -- 3.95

handkerchief --1.95

t-shirt -- 2.95

undergarments -- 1. 95

swimsuit -- 2.95

socks, pair -- 1.95

Dry Cleaning

Suit -- 12.95

jacket -- 7.95

Pants --- 5.95

long sleeved shirt -- 5.95

short sleeved shirt -- 4.95

sweater -- 6.95

shorts -- 4.95

dress --- 12.95

skirt -- 5.95

necktie/tie -- 3.95

Pressing only

Skirt -- 5.95

Jacket -- 4.95

pants -- 3.95

long sleeved shirt -- 3.95

short sleeved shirt -- 2.95

sweater -- 3.95

shorts --- 2.95

dress --- 5.95

skirt -- 3.95

Regular service -- picked up before 9:00 a.m., returnd next day

Same day service -- add 50% Express Service Surcharge -- picked up before 9:00 a.m., returned same day.

From another thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1569036

Laundry

suit --- 12.95

jacket -- 5.95

pants -- 4.95

long sleeved shirt -- 4.95

short sleeved shirt --- 3.95

sweater --- 4.95

shorts --- 3.95

dress -- 7.95

skirt --- 4.95

pajamas -- 3.95

handkerchief --1.95

t-shirt -- 2.95

undergarments -- 1. 95

swimsuit -- 2.95

socks, pair -- 1.95

:eek: Well, I guess it's a small Woolite and the bathroom sink for me!

if you are not Elite....I had sent out my items for the Elite laundry and they charged me in error for the "lot"...it was $65.00...WAY too much for me to pay if i wasn't Elite...

I"m sorry that X doesn't have self serve laundry....as do Princess and Celebrity and "O"....we have no problem doing our own...but it is great when the cruise line does it "for free"!!!

Re swimsuits...I have never had them done...but I guess if you want the salt water out of your bathing suit...you might consider it....I think you can just go to the pool and wash off the suit in the showers by the pool???

if you are not Elite....I had sent out my items for the Elite laundry and they charged me in error for the "lot"...it was $65.00...WAY too much for me to pay if i wasn't Elite...

I"m sorry that X doesn't have self serve laundry....as do Princess and Celebrity and "O"....we have no problem doing our own...but it is great when the cruise line does it "for free"!!!

Re swimsuits...I have never had them done...but I guess if you want the salt water out of your bathing suit...you might consider it....I think you can just go to the pool and wash off the suit in the showers by the pool???

I agree but as a regular here you know that some will claim it's cheaper than they pay a home. :p:p:p Ya right.:rolleyes:

FWIW there are same day wash and fold services all over that charge by the lb... usually what costs $ 50.00 on ship averages out to $ 15.00 at a wash and fold. For example I have used with great success the services of YOUR CHOICE LAUNDRY at Crown Bay. Everything dropped off at 9:30 was ready at 1:30....

Don't do it these days since I was levitated to Elite.

rising+up+cr.jpg

Then there's the sink and camp suds for those unmentionables that wash easy.

(And now comes the "I'm on vacation!!! I will not rinse out my socks" cries.) :D

I agree but as a regular here you know that some will claim it's cheaper than they pay a home. :p:p:p Ya right.:rolleyes:

FWIW there are same day wash and fold services all over that charge by the lb... usually what costs $ 50.00 on ship averages out to $ 15.00 at a wash and fold. For example I have used with great success the services of YOUR CHOICE LAUNDRY at Crown Bay. Everything dropped off at 9:30 was ready at 1:30....

Don't do it these days since I was levitated to Elite.

rising+up+cr.jpg

Then there's the sink and camp suds for those unmentionables that wash easy.

(And now comes the "I'm on vacation!!! I will not rinse out my socks" cries.) :D

You are just too funny!!!!

You are just too funny!!!!

We were not Elite on the Equinox--but we were Select. We got a coupon for a bag full of laundry for about $20 (don’t remember exactly.) I tightly rolled a weeks worth of clothes, for 2 people into that paper bag--taped it with clear packing tape--and felt extremely happy not to have to wash/dry as we did on the ship with self-laundry.

Undies and DH’s nylon socks were washed with shampoo in the sink--wrung out in a towel and hung with my little clothespins on hangers in the closet. They were dry by morning. Not a big deal, really. Just don’t send out your laundry until you can do it by the bag=full. We travel light--and only brought enough clothes for 7 days. (This was a 27 day trip for us.) Don’t forget you can wear clothes more than once!

Archived