Trading Drink Packages

veravin

This is a strange question and I hope that someone might have some insights. I am traveling in June with my parents. I purchased my cruise on a different promotion than the 1,2,3 and my parents (different cabin) booked the 1,2,3. As such, they have the onboard credit and the free drink packages. My parents are not drinkers. They might have the odd coffee or tea or water but their onboard credit will more than cover those expenses. My husband and I are not heavy drinkers but we do enjoy a glass of wine or a beer with dinner and my husband would probably enjoy the better coffee it was available. My question is whether there might be any way to have my parents give us their drink packages and just pay for their own drinks as they go.

You would be able to use their cards if they were with you as there is no id required and as long as your mom gave you her card and dad your husband, they would not know. You can only get one drink at a time on the card (I could not even get a pop & a water at the same time). The pkg is attached and written (or appears) right on the room key so the only way is if they were with you or you walked them to their cabin and took their room keys. But it cannot be transferred.

Something doesn't add up to me.

If your parents are not drinkers, why did they choose the Classic Beverage Package? They could have chosen Free Grats or the OBC instead??

This is a strange question and I hope that someone might have some insights. I am traveling in June with my parents. I purchased my cruise on a different promotion than the 1,2,3 and my parents (different cabin) booked the 1,2,3. As such, they have the onboard credit and the free drink packages. My parents are not drinkers. They might have the odd coffee or tea or water but their onboard credit will more than cover those expenses. My husband and I are not heavy drinkers but we do enjoy a glass of wine or a beer with dinner and my husband would probably enjoy the better coffee it was available. My question is whether there might be any way to have my parents give us their drink packages and just pay for their own drinks as they go.

Hi Veravin,

No, you cannot transfer the promotion from 1 booking to another. As others have mentioned, if they have little use for the drink package... why did they not opt for the OBC or complimentary gratuities option ?

I am befuddled??? :confused::confused:

1) Did you all book at the same time? What did you get as a bonus?

2) Is your parents drink package paid for or part of the 123 promo... in which case why didn't you get it?

3) Are you and your husband 21 or over so can actually get mixed drinks on Celebrity?

4) Does this font may me look taller? :p:D

veravin, this is one of those times where discretion would have been the better part of valor.

I'm suspecting you want to know what would happen if your parents would order the drinks YOU want at dinner, then just push them across the table.

What do YOU think would happen?

1) We did all book together. I got the 1000 dollars off if you have booked your flights deal. My parents did not get it because they were in an Oceanview and it was balcony or higher only. They rebooked with the 123 at the same price as they had originally booked at so it was a nobrainer for them.

2) We did not get the 123 at that time because we are not CC members and we doubted that we would spend more than 1000 dollars on alcohol (we spent about 150 on alcohol on our last cruise and that was all we charged OBC). It didn't make financial sense

3) We are WELL over 21, we are traveling with our kids too!

4) It does.

I am not trying to pull a fast one, if it can't be done, it can't be done. I just thought it was worth asking.

No, you cannot do this.

I will relate a story for you.

Last year, we were onboard a 12 night Celebrity Silhouette sailing. We (DH and I) purchased the Premium Alcohol Package. Mom (who was traveling with us), did not. I ordered the 20 year martini one night in the martini lounge, as my Mom had ordered it before and raved about it. She actually ordered it again in the martini bar. I didn't care for it. When the server came back, I told her I didn't care for it and I would like a glass of pinot noir. I handed my Mom the martini and said, "Mom, do you want this, because I didn't care for it." At which point, the server admonished me for "sharing." I honestly didn't intend to "share." It didn't even occur to me that what I was doing was prohibited. I just couldn't see wasting an entire drink. But wasted it was. The server took the martini away and threw it out (I presume, I didn't actually witness her throwing it out). And she made me feel like I was trying to get away with something. I honestly wasn't. It was completely unintentional on my part.

I just bring this up to share with you how adamant and observant they are about "sharing." Although my act was unintentional, I was "taken to task" all the same.

warmwinds - I don't want to know if my parents can sneak me a drink. I just wanted to know if there was a way it could actually be officially transferred. If there isn't, that's ok too. As I said above, we aren't terribly heavy drinkers. My parents 300 OBC might be enough for the 4 of us.

1) we did all book together. I got the 1000 dollars off if you have booked your flights deal. My parents did not get it because they were in an oceanview and it was balcony or higher only. They rebooked with the 123 at the same price as they had originally booked at so it was a nobrainer for them.

2) we did not get the 123 at that time because we are not cc members and we doubted that we would spend more than 1000 dollars on alcohol (we spent about 150 on alcohol on our last cruise and that was all we charged obc). It didn't make financial sense

3) we are well over 21, we are traveling with our kids too!

4) it does.

I am not trying to pull a fast one, if it can't be done, it can't be done. I just thought it was worth asking.

lol :p:D:D

I would call and ask your TA or "X" Direct depending on whom you booked with and ask (beg) They are in the business of keeping you happy... who knows?

I asked if I could get the 123 deal after I booked months in advance and voila!!!! I got it!

Archived