St. Petersburg Restaurant Suggestions

Hi all,

My wife and I will be in SPB in June and have booked a private tour guide and driver for 2 days. On Day 1 in the evening, we are going out for dinner in the city. Looking for authentic Russian/ Georgian restaurant - we are foodies, so atmosphere not as important.

Thanks in Advance

D

Hi all,

My wife and I will be in SPB in June and have booked a private tour guide and driver for 2 days. On Day 1 in the evening, we are going out for dinner in the city. Looking for authentic Russian/ Georgian restaurant - we are foodies, so atmosphere not as important.

Thanks in Advance

D

Hi Deegee

We as well are doing an evening tour and wanted to eat a nice Georgian meal in the area of Nevsky Prospect. We thought is would be nice to wander around the area during "White Nights". A fellow CC member, Scubacruiserx2 who is very familiar with SPB recommended a place called Tarragon along with a couple of other restaurants. I included the posts below. I hope this helps! Enjoy your cruise!

"Sure! If you want a quick grab and go Stolle has meat , fish and fruit pies. For Armenian sit down we like Kilikia. The most upscale we tried a Georgian restaurant- Tarragon very nice. Not too expensive.

L1050872_zpsb07a2305.jpg

The one that we ate at the most was Bogart's grand buffet . Fairly quick , reasonable , good english and Russian food. Just off Nevsky one street parallel to the pedestian walk toward Spilled Blood.

L1050700-1.jpg

"You're welcome ! We liked the Khachchapuri (Cheese bread- like pizza) , Kharcho ( Lamb stew with walnuts) and Shashlik (Kabobs). Tarkhun is the english phonetic for Russian word for Tarragon."

http://www.inyourpocket.com/russia/st-petersburg/Restaurants-in-St-Petersburg/caucasian/Tarkhun_53034v

Dolfans from Miami

Tarkhun is very good.

On the same street as Tarkhun is Kavkaz which is my favorite restaurant in the city.

Suliko is another popular choice and may be better located depending on your plans for the day.

Archived