Breakaway, coupon book & restaurant fees

rydan

Just booked the Breakaway for next fall. Being new to NCL. I have a few questions. I also assume that the Epic is the closest ship in the fleet to compare with Breakaway since the ship has yet to enter service.

Does anyone have pics of the current $300 coupon book?

How comfy are the beds on NCL?

what are the current fees for the alternative restaurants?

How are the kids programs on NCL? (5 & 7)

Thanks

Just booked the Breakaway for next fall. Being new to NCL. I have a few questions. I also assume that the Epic is the closest ship in the fleet to compare with Breakaway since the ship has yet to enter service.

Does anyone have pics of the current $300 coupon book?

How comfy are the beds on NCL?

what are the current fees for the alternative restaurants?

How are the kids programs on NCL? (5 & 7)

Thanks

The coupon book is worthless. It is a marketing gimmick. Beds are comfy depending on which one you get. Fees are $15-$30 per person. Kids program is said to be great or horrible, depending on who you ask.

Hopefully the Breakaway will be nothing like the Epic.

Agree about the coupon book. Nothing in there worth opening the book for, in my opinion

We found the beds on Epic and Jewel to be extremely comfortable, so I'm assuming that the Breakaway will be similar (but nobody knows yet)

Here is a PDF showing the restaurants and their cost. http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/DiningGuide_03062013.pdf

From what I read, some kids love the kids program and some don't. My daughter, 10 at the time, didn't like the one on the Epic because there was very little "free time" with such a great facility. As an 11 year old, she really enjoyed the program on the Jewel. It really depends on your kid and the crew at the time

Most think that the Breakaway combines the best of the Epic while fixing some of the shortcomings or controversial items. For example, the rooms are more typical, abandoning the non-traditional bathroom and curved walls for more standard ones. They also added the boardwalk, which address the Epic issue of having limited areas where you can overlook the ocean. Much of the entertainment approach and restaurants are the same, as these were very successful on Epic

The coupon book is worthless. It is a marketing gimmick. Beds are comfy depending on which one you get. Fees are $15-$30 per person. Kids program is said to be great or horrible, depending on who you ask.

Hopefully the Breakaway will be nothing like the Epic.

There is a thread in this forum with a copy of the 2013 coupons and they are not worth the paper they are printed on. You would have to spend 1000's of $$ on things you probably will not want to save the $300. If you go the description of the Breakaway or Epic on NCL's web site you should find a list of upcharge restaurants and the charges for each. These charges may change as I think the Steak House is going up from $25 to $30 in April.

Archived