Govt fee and taxes

SoBaycruiser

I was looking at 2014 itineraries and happened to notice that an itinerary we are booked on in 2013 was more expensive than the same one in 2014. Then I noticed that the 2014 itinerary price did NOT include substantial govt fees and taxes as my fare had for this year. I was surprised and wonder how many people are going to get caught unaware by this. Or was last year's prices with fees included an exception?

It seems for a while Princess was bundling the fees with the quoted fare, and then they stopped. I got all excited when the fare dropped on our upcoming cruise. Nope - I'd booked when they were bundled, and the price drop was from unbundling. I think all the cruise lines have a motto of keep-em-guessing with their fare pricing and rules. Makes it fun.

I was looking at 2014 itineraries and happened to notice that an itinerary we are booked on in 2013 was more expensive than the same one in 2014. Then I noticed that the 2014 itinerary price did NOT include substantial govt fees and taxes as my fare had for this year. I was surprised and wonder how many people are going to get caught unaware by this. Or was last year's prices with fees included an exception?

From what I understand, fares that have the fees included have air deals associated with them. I believe it is glitch... they made a big deal about quoting with taxes/fees included...

For several months Princess added taxes/fees to the price but have recently reverted to not including them in price quotes. Maybe because other cruise lines didn't do the same thing & thus appeared to be less expensive they no longer show a price that includes taxes/fees.

For several months Princess added taxes/fees to the price but have recently reverted to not including them in price quotes. Maybe because other cruise lines didn't do the same thing & thus appeared to be less expensive they no longer show a price that includes taxes/fees.

I mentioned this on another thread. The average person would think just that. The CC community is much more price savvy and realizes that tax and port charges need to be added in. I was wondering how long that pricing strategy would last. I think they took a beating because of it. I have never seen so many last minute deals during spring break. I prefer to look at the booking price and be able to compare to other lines. I know that tax needs to be added as well as gratuity on some other lines.

Archived