Vain woman needs help with horrible cruise hair!!

Aurora2143

I will say with the global juvenile treatment, you can still roll your hair with a curling iron if you want curly hair for that day, etc. There are different treatments such as the first really straight, medium which I got thT has a little more body, so you can have wavy, curled hair, etc, don't know the third, probably wouldn't recommend, usually I have to straighten or curl my hair every time after shampoo, but with this treatment , no :), also when women feel good about their hair and the way they look, their attitudes are better, you should she my cruise pictures with my lion mane, not a pretty sight, didn't do my treatment in time

I am definitely going to ask about it today when I go to the salon. Thank you so much! I would much prefer the treatment where I can curl the bottom of my hair, since that's how I wear it normally.

I am so excited! and I agree, you do feel much better when you know you look good. I've explained to my DH and he now understands it's like pretty under ware, no one else knows you have it on but when you do, you feel sexy and it shows that you feel good about yourself. We're funny creatures. :D

I've used the JF hot air brush almost every day for about 8 months now. On the days that I don't wash my hair, I just give my hair about 20 seconds with a touch up. Of all the things that I have tried, the air brush made a HUGE difference. I can't believe all the years I went with frizz head when I visited a humid area or even summer time up north here. I had GREAT hair for 22 days in the Mediteranean and then a 16 day TA. No more embarrassing pictures or efforts to fix my hair several times a day.

I believe the secret of the JF brush is the extra ions? Don't understand, but it works.

There's always people that come on a thread that is asking for advice, and then tries to make you feel stupid for asking such things. I see it on almost all threads. If its about how great suites on Ncl are compared to other lines, people have to come nd talk about how snobby people are and that you don't need to be in a suite to have fun.

If you don't have hair advice, then please kindly move on with your I don't care attitudes. I think you guys are very rude!

This is an issue that a lot of women actually care about.

Completely agree. Just because others may not care about your topic, doesn't mean others need to come here and be snarky about it. This is something you care about, so Negative Nancys should just take their ball and go play in another yard. I rarely go on the offensive on CC, but felt the need to say something as well.

Completely agree. Just because others may not care about your topic, doesn't mean others need to come here and be snarky about it. This is something you care about, so Negative Nancys should just take their ball and go play in another yard. I rarely go on the offensive on CC, but felt the need to say something as well.

Thanks Tara! You're awesome!!

Aurora2143 - Did you discuss with your hairdresser yesterday and make any decisions? I am curious! :)

She said that with my hair type, a Brazilian would definitely be too strong because my hair is already straight, but there is an express keratin treatment that I could do that would be much milder and would do the trick for the cruise. I think I will try it in May and will let you all know how it works. :)

She said that with my hair type, a Brazilian would definitely be too strong because my hair is already straight, but there is an express keratin treatment that I could do that would be much milder and would do the trick for the cruise. I think I will try it in May and will let you all know how it works. :)

Happy to hear you won`t be getting a Brazilian Blowout. Google FDA , type Brazilian Blowout in the search bar.

I also found this info:

Sold under various brands like Brazilian Blowout and Keratin Complex, the trendy process originated in Brazil and hit the U.S. about four years ago. It involves applying the product to hair and then sealing it in with a flatiron heated to 450 degrees.

Just though you might want to look into this in case you are sensative to certain things.

Your photo is small but looks like you have beautiful hair :)

Happy to hear you won`t be getting a Brazilian Blowout. Google FDA , type Brazilian Blowout in the search bar.

I also found this info:

Sold under various brands like Brazilian Blowout and Keratin Complex, the trendy process originated in Brazil and hit the U.S. about four years ago. It involves applying the product to hair and then sealing it in with a flatiron heated to 450 degrees.

Just though you might want to look into this in case you are sensative to certain things.

Your photo is small but looks like you have beautiful hair :)

Thanks, I went and looked up all the different types and the chemicals and hot hot hot flat iron freaks me out. Sounds like women get this done every so many months, which will not be me. If this works though, I think it will be my treatment of choice before going on a cruise but not something I will do regularly.

Thanks for the compliment on my hair. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't gone on my cruise yet, but I have gotten my "It's a 10" products and have been using them. It's been snowing here with the wet spring snow and I've been experimenting by going outside into the snow letting my hair get a little damp. I've also been sitting in the bathroom with my hubby while he's taking a shower to see how my hair will react.

The products are amazing. So far in those above mentioned situations my hair has not frizzed. I'm getting the Express Keratin treatment done to my hair next week as a trial run before the May cruise.

"It's a 10" - I've been using the Miracle Daily Shampoo with Keratin and Miracle Deep Conditioner plus Keratin. Before drying, I've been putting the Leave-in Potion. So far so good. Love the stuff! Thanks ladies for introducing me to the stuff. :)

I've searched through the message boards for tips on how to control frizzy hair on cruises, but have found many for women with thin or curly hair and products that work for them usually would not and have not worked for me.

My hair is a thick mixture of asian/caucasian hair. Supposed to be straight and when I went on my first cruise last year, I could not control the frizz with the products that I've used. Tried all kinds of serums and creams to no avail.

Does anyone have my type hair and know of products that I can use to look at least halfway decent during my next Alaskan cruise in May?

I have vanity issues and do pride myself on having "perfect" hair. HELP!!!! :)

2 words. BRAZILIAN BOWOUT!!! I had the same prob as you and got a BB NEVER have had my hair so under control and beautiful on a cruise. Won't ever sail again without getting one first

Love this thread! I have written down all the suggestions but, will try the "it's a 10" brand first. All these years I thought I was the only one with, what I called, Florida Hair. Many times I tried the curl defining products thinking I should go with the flow instead of trying to fight the wavy frizz. You girls have given me hope for a smooth crusie :)

Diane

Love this thread! I have written down all the suggestions but, will try the "it's a 10" brand first. All these years I thought I was the only one with, what I called, Florida Hair. Many times I tried the curl defining products thinking I should go with the flow instead of trying to fight the wavy frizz. You girls have given me hope for a smooth crusie :)

Diane

I know! The ladies on here have been so helpful and very kind over an issue that some think is rather silly.

I hope the It's a 10 works for you. Oh, and I'd get it from amazon, much cheeper. :)

I hope the It's a 10 works for you. Oh, and I'd get it from amazon, much cheeper. :)

We have a couple of beauty supply stores that monthly run 25% off one item coupons. So I built up my stock that way.

My hair is a thick mixture of asian/caucasian hair. Supposed to be straight and when I went on my first cruise last year, I could not control the frizz with the products that I've used. Tried all kinds of serums and creams to no avail.

Does anyone have my type hair and know of products that I can use to look at least halfway decent during my next Alaskan cruise in May?

I have vanity issues and do pride myself on having "perfect" hair. HELP!!!! :)

I feel your pain. I have the same Asian / Caucasian genetic make up & have to work harder on a cruise to not have total frizz.

My hair is far from perfect, but if I put some effort into it this is what has worked for me. A flat iron, a high powered ionic hair dryer & a whole bunch of product.

Kerastase Oleo-Relax is my favorite hair oil. Knocks out frizz, not too heavy & smells nice.

Moroccanoil treatment - this is an oil but the brand comes with many high quality (and pricey) conditioners & products to silken hair. There are cheaper knock-offs with the same turquoise blue packaging, but they have a very low content of argan oil.

Silkworks Silk Oil is a similar product but inexpensive (around $5 or so at walmart). It is very heavy though, so I put it in my hair the night before so it has a chance to sink in & I don't look like a drowned rat. I have extremely thick hair but this product is so heavy it should have come from a tar pit. If I don't put it in ahead of time it won't look nice.

I would be cautious about the straightening treatments. Especially with having a mix of asian & caucasian hair.

I had mine straightened, supposedly permanently at an upscale hair salon. It was pricey. My hair looked fantastic for the first week but never great after that, and it damaged the heck out of it. I had to grow it out before it looked good again.

My guess is they picked a formula or time allotment that may have been for Asian hair & not combination hair like mine.

I feel your pain. I have the same Asian / Caucasian genetic make up & have to work harder on a cruise to not have total frizz.

My hair is far from perfect, but if I put some effort into it this is what has worked for me. A flat iron, a high powered ionic hair dryer & a whole bunch of product.

Kerastase Oleo-Relax is my favorite hair oil. Knocks out frizz, not too heavy & smells nice.

Moroccanoil treatment - this is an oil but the brand comes with many high quality (and pricey) conditioners & products to silken hair. There are cheaper knock-offs with the same turquoise blue packaging, but they have a very low content of argan oil.

Silkworks Silk Oil is a similar product but inexpensive (around $5 or so at walmart). It is very heavy though, so I put it in my hair the night before so it has a chance to sink in & I don't look like a drowned rat. I have extremely thick hair but this product is so heavy it should have come from a tar pit. If I don't put it in ahead of time it won't look nice.

In the past I was putting a lot of stuff in my hair, even up here in dry Colorado especially in the spring. Our spring snow is extremely wet, so if any of it touched my hair it would frizz. I used a flat iron once and when I saw smoke, that was it for me.

Now I just put the It's a 10 leave-in potion plus keratin while my hair is wet and blow dry with a round brush. After drying I put a little bit of their serum and my hair looks great! No frizz, even after letting some of the wet snow get on it. The stuff is like a miracle!! :)

I would be cautious about the straightening treatments. Especially with having a mix of asian & caucasian hair.

I had mine straightened, supposedly permanently at an upscale hair salon. It was pricey. My hair looked fantastic for the first week but never great after that, and it damaged the heck out of it. I had to grow it out before it looked good again.

My guess is they picked a formula or time allotment that may have been for Asian hair & not combination hair like mine.

I agree that hair straightening perms are very very damaging to your hair. I did it once when I was 17 in Japan in an attempt to remove an unwanted perm. They used to call it acid perms for a reason. They damage your hair all the way to the core, totally bad.

The keratin express that I'm attempting tomorrow is "supposed to be" healthy for your hair. Not healthy for you while you're getting it done because of the chemical reactions and the stuff getting into the air you breathe.

And because my hair is straight, we're not doing the full blown, can't wash your hair for 3 days blowout treatment. (Hence the title of this thread). Can't do 3 days without washing my hair. It's an express treatment, doesn't last as long, but just enough to last throughout a cruise.

When all else fails in the humidity I pin curl my hair, it is great for hiding frizzy hair. It takes me about five minutes to pin curl (with bobby pins) mine, then I sit on the balcony catch some sun and wait for it to dry. The drying time all depends on how wet it was prior to pin curling, could be ten minutes to an hour.

At first I have huge curly hair then it turns into a lot of body but barely any frizz. I had to laugh, I don't have great hair but the crew members always seem to like it curly. They laughed at me when I was surprised by this and said "All Americans want and wear straight hair"...as if we were clones...lol

I lost a lot of hair to a thyroid issue, now I have hair envy when I see other beautiful heads of hair!

I'm a little late to the party here, but I have to throw out another recommendation for argan oil. I like the Josie Maran kind, but it's pretty expensive. Any product with argan oil will work. The keratin treatments are way too strong for my hair, and I can't stand the smell anyway. Argan oil provides just enough control without any other side effects (not oily or greasy). I have half curly, half straight hair. Without intervention, it sticks straight out from my head on humid days.

Here's the product at Sephora. Don't choke at the price... http://www.sephora.com/argan-oil-P218700?skuId=1121797

Love this thread, I'm so glad I'm not the only one overly vain about my hair while on vacation! :)

I'm a little late to the party here, but I have to throw out another recommendation for argan oil. I like the Josie Maran kind, but it's pretty expensive. Any product with argan oil will work. The keratin treatments are way too strong for my hair, and I can't stand the smell anyway. Argan oil provides just enough control without any other side effects (not oily or greasy). I have half curly, half straight hair. Without intervention, it sticks straight out from my head on humid days.

Here's the product at Sephora. Don't choke at the price... http://www.sephora.com/argan-oil-P218700?skuId=1121797

Love this thread, I'm so glad I'm not the only one overly vain about my hair while on vacation! :)

This party is going to continue at least until I return from my cruise, so you are not late. :)

I'll check that oil out. And unless something is like $500 for an oz, beauty product prices usually don't make me flinch. :)

Archived