Wine Question

jerseygirl3

Does anybody know if Cakebread Sauvignon Blanc is available by the glass in the MDR or even elsewhere on the ship for that matter?

We opted for the free beverage package for our 10 night Equinox sailing next January, but the choice of whites seems limited, except for Chardonnays, of which I'm not a fan.

I'm thinking if the Cakebread is available by the glass, I'll upgrade to Premium (I know it won't be under $8/glass, which is the limit on the Classic package). If it's not available by the glass, I'll just buy it by the bottle.

On my last cruise (in Feb on the Connie), they did not have the Cakebread Sauvigon Blanc available by the glass. The only one they had was Clifford Bay & it was $8.50 / glass. I though it was nice & enjoyed it.

Does anybody know if Cakebread Sauvignon Blanc is available by the glass in the MDR or even elsewhere on the ship for that matter?

We opted for the free beverage package for our 10 night Equinox sailing next January, but the choice of whites seems limited, except for Chardonnays, of which I'm not a fan.

I'm thinking if the Cakebread is available by the glass, I'll upgrade to Premium (I know it won't be under $8/glass, which is the limit on the Classic package). If it's not available by the glass, I'll just buy it by the bottle.

if you upgrade you get a 30% discount on all bottles...20% discount if you keep the classic.

While, we are on the wine subject, does anyone have a copy of the Cellar Masters wine list from the Connie? Is the selection of wines by the glass there different than in the dining room or the same? I'm not talking about the enomatic wine dispensers, but the by the glass wine list.

Many Thanks!

Scott

I'm also a Sauvignon Blanc drinker. I have always found a good reasonably priced bottle of Chilean Sauvignon Blanc on Celebrity ships. The one I had last on Eclipse was Aresti. It's price would have fit into the classic package.

I go to Cellar Masters and talk to the sommelier. Whatever they have is available also in the dining room.

The wines by the glass available in the bars is dismal.

While, we are on the wine subject, does anyone have a copy of the Cellar Masters wine list from the Connie? Is the selection of wines by the glass there different than in the dining room or the same? I'm not talking about the enomatic wine dispensers, but the by the glass wine list.

Many Thanks!

Scott

Here is a link to a Cellar Masters list from our Silhouette cruise last December. The Cellarmasters list on our Eclipse cruise, completed last Saturday, was nearly identical except they did not offer any tapas for sale and had a different "wine tastings" selections - but the by the glass list was identical so this is probably fleet wide right now.

http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Cellar-Masters-Wine-Menu-Silhouette-Dec-2012-s.pdf

Many Thanks!

Scott

I don't have a list of the wines but I do know they have different wines than the MDR. Our first night we found a wine by the glass in the Tuscan Grill that my wife fell in love with. The next night we went to Cellar Masters before dinner and was pleased to see it on the menu. We started going to CM before dinner just to enjoy that wine.

I would suggest upgrading to the Premium package and enjoying the Conundrum. I found it to be a very pleasant light white wine. That same upgrade will allow you to sample the martini bar, molecular bar and Michael's.

Just seen the Cakebread Sauvignon Blanc on the list/link @$66 per bottle and not served by the glass. If you get the Premium package you'll get 30% off making it $46.20 if my maths is any good :-)

If that's the price that's a good price since it cost $38 dollars a bottle from the winery in the wine club

I noticed there are a couple of sauvignon blancs under $8 for the Classic Package in cellar masters but none in the MDR.

Can you ask for it in the MDR even though it is not listed or bring a glass in?

I noticed there are a couple of sauvignon blancs under $8 for the Classic Package in cellar masters but none in the MDR.

We had an excellent wine waiter, Maria, on Solstice last year, and she was happy to serve wines from the Cellar Masters list (we were on the premium package).

No problems bringing a glass from Cellarmasters to the MDR. Chances are that the MDR sommelier will get that wine for you but no guarantees as this type of special service seems to depend on the staff.

I've not seen it.

Here are links to the MDR wine list from the Eclipse cruise we got off last week. They don't have too many white wines by the glass in that price range other than some sparkling wines.

http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Celebrity%20MDR%20Wine%20List%20-%20Eclipse%20March%202013.pdf

Can't thank you enough for posting this! Hopefully, this list is fleetwide as I see one of my fav, "hard to find on land" wines to enjoy on upcoming Equinox TA. :)

Concerning bottles of wine purchased in MDR, can they be brought back to the room and is there an Elite wine by bottle discount coupon?

Can't thank you enough for posting this! Hopefully, this list is fleetwide as I see one of my fav, "hard to find on land" wines to enjoy on upcoming Equinox TA. :)

Concerning bottles of wine purchased in MDR, can they be brought back to the room and is there an Elite wine by bottle discount coupon?

Yes. You can also buy a bottle of wine in Cellar Masters to bring back to the room. There is an Elite coupon for a discount on one bottle I believe.

I use it to buy something expensive in Murano.

Only three weeks before our cruise!

There are two Elite Coupons: One for 20% off a bottle of wine and the second for 15% off a bottle of wine in the specialty restaurants. Since my DW and I each get a set of coupons we had two of each.

Celebrity is very flexible about transferring wine bought on board between any venue and to/from your stateroom. But we usually just have them hold any unfinished wine for the next evening.

They had cakebread sav blanc at cellar masters on Eclipse last year - I had it as part of the Ridel (sp) glasses wine tasting. If I recall correctly it was available byt he glass, but well above the $12 limit for premium - something like $20.

They had cakebread sav blanc at cellar masters on Eclipse last year - I had it as part of the Ridel (sp) glasses wine tasting. If I recall correctly it was available byt he glass, but well above the $12 limit for premium - something like $20.

There's no way Cakebread Sauv Blanc would be $20/glass. The only wines I saw priced that high were some port wines. I paid $65 for a bottle on Equinox last month. But if it's available by the glass as part of the premium package, I would upgrade. I'm just not sure if it's available by the glass. And if it is, no way it's $20/glass.

Yes. You can also buy a bottle of wine in Cellar Masters to bring back to the room. There is an Elite coupon for a discount on one bottle I believe.

I use it to buy something expensive in Murano.

Only three weeks before our cruise!

Hooray!

There are two Elite Coupons: One for 20% off a bottle of wine and the second for 15% off a bottle of wine in the specialty restaurants. Since my DW and I each get a set of coupons we had two of each.

Celebrity is very flexible about transferring wine bought on board between any venue and to/from your stateroom. But we usually just have them hold any unfinished wine for the next evening.

Thanks to you both!

I had the Cakebread sauvignon blanc on Equinox in 2010 by the glass. It was $15 a glass then so I paid $3 as I had the Premium Package.

I asked for it on Reflection last month and was told that it's no longer available by the glass.

Archived