The wait is killing me!!

hladygirl

I totally understand! We are booked on the same cruise as you and we booked it back in Feb 2012, but I must say we have had a lot of fun with the count down. :)

I am also on your cruise. I booked it a year ago. I have had a lot of fun looking for videos of the ship on Youtube, looking up excursions and just dreaming about getting away from the cold New England Fall. See you in November!

We are used to "going long" now due to need ot book very early to get Accessible cabin due to wife's wheelchair. Just a fact of life, if we want to cruise we book very early. Booked next one at 417 days. Booked last transatlantic almost as far out and had two grandkids born in the interim

First you count down by hundred day marks. Somewhere in there you celebrate being 364 days - LESS THAN A YEAR!!! Then you celebrate when excursions become available to view (and book). When you get to New Year's and the year on the calendar matches the cruise year that's big. 100 day mark is the biggest of all milestone until final payment date then it all becomes very real and you start organizing what to pack. Pretty soon you run out of time things rush at you so fast.

So plenty of little celebrations along the way - along with life events to distract. This year for us it is a trip to Seattle area for Uncle's 100th birthday. Now THERE is a guy who can "go long". ;)

This is my first time booking a cruise this far in advance. However, I am learned on valuable thing about booking this far out. That the price of this cruise and the room I picked went up over $1,000. So, now I am hook. Also, I am noticing a lot of people have booked two years out. Something I will have to start doing too.

I feel your pain, but mine is 611 days out!!!!!!!! Try waiting that long. It's going to kill me too, but it is awesome having something to look forward to, even if it is almost 2 years away....... :D

We can commiserate together. Mine is the week before yours. LOL!

Archived