Captains Circle Photos

Shogun

Hi All

Came across an old photo of Captain at the Captain Circle Party,

question did Princess once upon of time give a photo to every one

photo was taken at doorway other senior officers were also there getting

photos taken with passengers, or was this just a once off.

yours Shogun

I remember way back attending Captain's Circle Parties where an photo with the captain/officers was taken automatically. It was then up to you if you wanted to purchase it. Remember purchasing one, probably from our first cruise!

I remember the first Captain's Circle party I attended on Sitmar before Princess took them over. We received a picture with the Captain as a gift and he autographed it.

Of course, the Circolo de Commandante as it was called then consisted of twelve people at the party and it was held in the Captain's suite.

Good old days !!!

I remember the first Captain's Circle party I attended on Sitmar before Princess took them over. We received a picture with the Captain as a gift and he autographed it.

Of course, the Circolo de Commandante as it was called then consisted of twelve people at the party and it was held in the Captain's suite.

Good old days !!!

Definitely the good old days. The Captain's quarters with so few people. My how we've grown. :)

I started cruising in 1990 with family who were already members and back then you always had you photo with the captain on the way into party. As has already been said back then it was called the Circolo del Comandante and I think the reason they don't do it now is simply the number of people attending is just too great for the captain to be photographed with them all. Two years ago when we were on Grand the captain did ask at the end of the party if anybody wanted a photo with him which was taken by the photo staff.

Good old days !!!

Ah yes...I remember it well. And the champagne with 2 flutes in our suitel

I started cruising in 1990 with family who were already members and back then you always had you photo with the captain on the way into party. As has already been said back then it was called the Circolo del Comandante and I think the reason they don't do it now is simply the number of people attending is just too great for the captain to be photographed with them all. Two years ago when we were on Grand the captain did ask at the end of the party if anybody wanted a photo with him which was taken by the photo staff.

Agree.

And if the pictures are only taken of those who reallly want them taken, there is less waste printing pictures for people that never wanted them in the first place.

Hi All

If you get a photo at the end of the "party" does it still have name of

ship, captain etc on it,

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun,

Yes our photo has 'Grand Princess' at the top of the photo then Princess Captains Circle and logo next to it, then along the bottom reads 'with Captain Roger Bilton'. Unfortunately on last 2 cruises, with different Captains, we haven't been offered a photo, wonder wether it's at the discretion of the Captain?!!

Archived