Punchliner's Brunch

Jdleong

Personally, I wasn't so crazy about the Comedy Brunch. The comedian only performed for about 5 minutes on the hour, and I was there to eat, not to listen to a comedian. Don't get me wrong, the food was good, and it was nice to have a few different choices, like the breakfast burrito, etc. But I like the "regular" breakfast just as well, and if I wake early, I can go before 9 am to eat!

Pros and Cons to the Comedy Brunch. I do love the Comedy Club though! The comedians can be hit-or-miss. But I like to go to the comedy club early, get a seat, and just relax with a good drink - Punchliner or Martini.

During the 6 or so times that I have been at the brunch on Glory and Magic I have heard a total of zero jokes. It is basically a run up for the comedy act at the club at night. The comedian may or may not come on after a pre recorded announcement (loud) by George Lopez and talk about how tired or hung over he is. You look around for where he is and he's gone. End.

I like the menus for the brunch although other guests didn't seem to know there was two sides. I felt bad for the comedians. They were obviously not morning people and were positioned in front of the largest tables. At these tables were all family groups since they were not group seating. Strangers sitting together would be more inclined to at least pretend to listen. Family groups just continued to talk over the comedians

Personally, I wasn't so crazy about the Comedy Brunch. The comedian only performed for about 5 minutes on the hour, and I was there to eat, not to listen to a comedian. Don't get me wrong, the food was good, and it was nice to have a few different choices, like the breakfast burrito, etc. But I like the "regular" breakfast just as well, and if I wake early, I can go before 9 am to eat!

Pros and Cons to the Comedy Brunch. I do love the Comedy Club though! The comedians can be hit-or-miss. But I like to go to the comedy club early, get a seat, and just relax with a good drink - Punchliner or Martini.

It was also available on Freedom. We also didn't like that it didn't start till 9 as we wanted to go to b'fast at 8:30. Even though Oatmeal wasn't on the Brunch menu, I was able to get it. Not so for plain old pancakes or french toast. You were stuck with the fancy ones or none at all.

Are the brunches everyday? Is it still possible to get a regular breakfast earlier? I cant stand Carnival buffets but their regular breakfast service is fine.

The way I understand it, and how it was on Liberty, was that Brunch is on sea days only -- port days, the regular breakfast is available. Open early enough that you can eat and get on with your day's activities.

Are the brunches everyday? Is it still possible to get a regular breakfast earlier? I cant stand Carnival buffets but their regular breakfast service is fine.

Brunch only on sea days and that is breakfast in the DR.

The way I understand it, and how it was on Liberty, was that Brunch is on sea days only -- port days, the regular breakfast is available. Open early enough that you can eat and get on with your day's activities.

I can live with that. Thanks for the info you dn Stu both.

Love the comedy shows.....but the brunch, the one we went to at least, was odd, to say at best. It was nearly brutal and almost felt sorry for the comedian. Sort of like seeing Adrian Peterson being forced to play Division II flag football. Just odd....

Love the comedy shows.....but the brunch, the one we went to at least, was odd, to say at best. It was nearly brutal and almost felt sorry for the comedian. Sort of like seeing Adrian Peterson being forced to play Division II flag football. Just odd....

I understand what you're saying here. I kind of felt sorry for the comedian also. He wasn't all that funny, it was almost like he didn't prepare or plan for the event, didn't seem awake yet, and only had a couple of minutes at best. I got the feeling that he truly didn't want to be there at that moment.

I think they should ditch the comedian but keep the brunch (the food was good).

Are the eggs benedict the same crappy ones they used to serve on their ships?

I'm sorry that I can't answer this question. I've never had eggs benedict on a cruise, ever. However, I have heard that if you order the sauce on the side, it is much better. That is just what I've heard by reading the boards. ;)

i have only seen a few pictures of brunch food, [ Funny French Toast , Tomato soup, and Banana cream pie] if anyone has other pics can u please post them here! Thanks! Was wondering what people think about the steak, burrito, and chicken diablo.

Archived