Can anyone recommend a tour company for the port of Toulon?

Kidsoftheseas

It doesn't seem to be that much information that I can find online for the specific stop in Toulon. More seems to be starting in Marseille and such.

Can anyone give recommendations?

There are qiite a few post here on this board re Toulon if you scan through some pages and Google is a great source of info as well.

Our schedule was a bit tight due to a slow lunch. We checked in to get tickets for our boat ride, but the operator of the boat refused to leave until he had more people and we didn't have time to just wait until he decided to go. (The boats are independently operated). Catherine tried to talk to him, but he wouldn't budge.

What happened in Cassis?

Would you definitely recommend a tour operator here or is it doable to go to Cassis and do boat ride on your own?

We would rather not do a full day tour as we would be needing to get off the ship at 5am the next day and will probably need some of the day to pack and such!

If you are just doing Cassis, I would say that's fine. The waterfront is the main thing there. If you want to mix in Aix or something else, I'd say a guide will be more efficient.

Would you definitely recommend a tour operator here or is it doable to go to Cassis and do boat ride on your own?

We would rather not do a full day tour as we would be needing to get off the ship at 5am the next day and will probably need some of the day to pack and such!

Our schedule was a bit tight due to a slow lunch. We checked in to get tickets for our boat ride, but the operator of the boat refused to leave until he had more people and we didn't have time to just wait until he decided to go. (The boats are independently operated). Catherine tried to talk to him, but he wouldn't budge.

So, there's no set schedule for the boats? Or, other boats that you could have taken?

I was looking at doing a private excursion company, where it would have covered both Aix-en-Provence and Cassis. But, if there won't be time to do the Calanques boat tour, then I might as well just go with the shore excursion.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, we will be in Toulon on June 17 onboard of the Liberty Of The Sea and we are thinking about taking the provencewinetours. It is our 1st time using a private tour operator and want to know how you paid them. Do you pay them in FULL when you are pick up at the pier or just pay them half at pick up and the other half when drop off at the pier??

Thanks.

we used provencewinetours pick up from port in minivan tour of 3 wineries and visit to Cassis-great day

Archived